User Services Consultant I
Posting Number 2021026 Posting/Functional Title User Services Consultant I University Pay Plan Title User Services Consultant I Location San Marcos Department Client Solutions Recruitment Type Open to All Job Type Monthly Salary $3,000 + commensurate w/experience Job Category Exempt Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
• Strong customer service skills, including strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Problem resolution skills to include strong analytical, research, and troubleshooting skills; able to fix increasingly complex technical problems.
• Familiarity with support and management of Mac OS hardware and software.
• Must be a highly motivated, dependable self-starter that works well in a team environment.
• Must be capable of multi-tasking, working under pressure, and willing to quickly and efficiently embrace change.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to follow complex written and verbal instructions.
• Strong ethics with respect for secure information handling.
• Demonstrated decision making skills and ability to prioritize effectively.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be willing to work additional hours, sometimes with little advanced notice, to complete projects and meet deadlines.
• Experience with Service Desk (Help Desk) end-user technical support in higher education environment.
• Demonstrated experience with Apple device and Mac OS management and troubleshooting in a IT support environment.
• Experience with Learning Management System(s) in a higher education environment.
• Experience with computer hardware and software diagnostics and repair.
• Demonstrated experience installing and supporting operating systems and software including: Windows, Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom, and other productivity software.
• Experience with ticket logging, tracking, and reporting via service management software.
• Skills in Office 365 collaborative tools including Teams, Outlook, OneDrive, and SharePoint
The IT Assistance Center ( ITAC ) in the division of Information Technology is seeking a professional to work within a customer-focused team to provide technical support to the Texas State University community. This position is responsible for responding to and resolving requests for assistance with various computer applications and processes including software installation and troubleshooting with a focus on Mac support. This position will also perform hardware diagnosis, network and telecommunication troubleshooting, and consulting on technology topics. Service is primarily delivered over the phone, but also via remote administration, chat, e-mail, walk-up, and on-site visits. The User Services Consultant reports to the Sr. User Services Consultant – Support Services Team Lead.
• Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests with various computer applications and processes over the phone and using remote administration, web-chat, e-mail, face-to-face, and on-site visits.
• Provide technical support for hardware, software, network connectivity, and processes, with an emphasis on advanced Mac support.
• Consult with users on best practices, advanced uses, and problem solution strategies to meet technology needs.
• Participate in projects and activities. Meet set deadlines.
• Review, and update documentation for standard operating procedures, knowledge articles, and policies for ITAC personnel.
• Maintain accuracy and documentation of user records and incidents in the service management ticketing system. Ensure tickets are logged, tracked, and updated appropriately. Monitor personal service levels and metrics, and work toward continuous improvement.
• Remain current in evolving technologies, as well as currently used technologies and methodologies. Research new and emerging technologies that could potentially affect the Texas State University computing environment (i.e. new devices, services, operating systems, software, etc.). Evaluate the impact of these technologies and report findings.
Additional Information to Applicants
Cover letter and resume are required.
IT Assistance Center will not sponsor or transfer visa sponsorship.
Work hours beyond 8-5 business hours may be required during peak times.
A separate application is required for each Texas State University job posting.
Job Open Date 09/29/2020 Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight) Open Until Filled Yes Normal Work Days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday Normal Work Hours Start 8:00AM Normal Work Hours End 5:00PM Posting Notices YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
Quick Link http://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33848 Applicant Document
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).