Head Women's Track & Field Coach
Dixie State University's Athletic Department is accepting applications for a Head Coach of Women's Track & Field, to begin January 1, 2021, as part of our move to Division I Athletics. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Track & Field Coach will provide a supportive environment to recruit and mentor student-athletes that will best fit DSU and its athletic philosophies. Will also provide information and evaluations regarding recruits and roster development, operate under allocated budget, and accept responsibility for all equipment related to the DSU Track & Field Team. Information about DSU Athletics can be found online at https://dixiestateathletics.com/ .
- Provide leadership in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student-athletes at Dixie State University. Guide and supervise student-athletes relating to dormitory living and campus regulations.
- Recruit student-athletes that best fit DSU and NCAA Division I philosophies for athletics who will reflect the University in a positive manner through academics and good sportsmanship.
- Monitor academic progress of student-athletes in an encouraging and supportive environment that shows commitment to academic and athletic success.
- Monitor, verify, and reconcile expenditures of budgeted funds. Work within budgets to organize team travel arrangements, as well as purchase and maintain necessary team equipment.
- Support fundraising efforts within the Athletic department and be an active member of the Southern Utah community. Initiate Track & Field-specific fundraising events and actively participate in efforts to acquire corporate sponsorships and scholarships for the student-athletes at the University.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the public through effective communication and conduct that appropriately reflects the goals, values and integrity of the University.
- Provide reports and information concerning the Women’s Track & Field program, as required by the Executive Director of Athletics and/or the President of the University.
- Inspect practice facilities and equipment regularly to ensure safety and proper function. Report any concerns regarding unsafe equipment or the need for repairs from outside the department to the Executive Director of Athletics, as needed.
- Follow detailed oral and written instructions to ensure success of the organization and ensure compliance with all NCAA and University policies and procedures.
- Direct and oversee Track & Field meets and camps on-campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years’ full-time coaching experience required; experience in a higher education environment preferred.
- Experience coaching sprint, hurdle, and jumping events preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, implement, and develop a Women’s Track & Field program at the collegiate level.
- Proven ability to assist in athletic fundraising events, corporate sponsorships and scholarships.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit talented student-athletes at the NCAA level.
- Proven commitment to academic and athletic success.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with students, faculty, staff, and the public.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time (12-month) at-will Athletic Coach staff position, as outlined in DSU Policy 328. Annual salary of $60,000, with a start date of January 1, 2021. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 19, 2020 . Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.