VCUarts Adjunct Instructor – Center for the Creative Economy
Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title VCUarts Adjunct Instructor – Center for the Creative Economy Department Dean's Office Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week 9-29 Normal work days M-F Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts (VCUarts) Center for the Creative Economy ( CCE ) is establishing a pool of applicants for possible adjunct teaching positions. This pool of applicants could be drawn upon to provide temporary staffing when needed; to provide special teaching expertise when needed; and/or to meet special programmatic needs not otherwise provided for within the program. The applicant pool will remain active until the listed closing date of the job posting.
Given these criteria, this pool will only be assessed when an adjunct opportunity arises and when funding is approved. Possible adjunct opportunities could include teaching a course(s) in any of the areas of study offered by the Center for the Creative Economy. If an adjunct opportunity arises, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Adjunct faculty are expected to be thoughtful and proactive members of the Center for the Creative Economy community and have a desire to work with a diverse student population in a collaborative, inclusive and learning-centered collective.
For more on the Center for Creative Economy visit https://arts.vcu.edu/center-for-creative-economy/
• Terminal degree ( MFA ) in a related field, or BS/BA/ BFA with additional training and/or professional experience that equates and/or parallels the professional development expected in a terminal degree holder
• Appropriate teaching experience and/or strong oral presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Demonstrated skills and experience in one or several of the following areas of expertise:
• Industry development frameworks and methods: Design Thinking, Agile, Lean Launchpad
• Multi-channel digital content strategy: research, development, testing
• Writing: technical, script, scenario, narrative
• Prototyping and design software applications: Sketch/InVision, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud
• Data visualization applications/platforms: D3.js, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
• Web/mobile UI standards: user acceptance testing, ADA requirements
• Visual design and presentation skills with an emphasis on user-product interaction
Job Open Date 09/29/2020 Remove from posting on or before 06/01/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit application materials via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com.
Only electronic applications submitted via eJobs will be accepted.
Application materials should include the following:
• Cover Letter
• Current CV or Resume
• A list of three current references including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses (references will not be contacted prior to applicant’s approval)
CV/Resume and list of references should be submitted as one PDF in the “Curriculum Vitae (CV)” section of eJobs.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100882 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)