Associate Lecturer, Education (PT)
The Education Department at Curry College is seeking applicants for a part-time associate lecturer to teach the course, Assistive Technology on Thursday evenings from 5:30 pm – 7:45 pm in a hybrid format for eight weeks in the fall 2020 semester for the undergraduate public schools pathways majors in Moderate Disabilities, Elementary Education and Early Childhood Education. This course will begin on October 8, 2020 and concludes the week of December 1, 2020 with online final exam. The review of applications will begin immediately.
- Master’s Degree required in related field.
- Experience working in public school and or collaborative settings required.
The desired candidate will have substantial expertise and practical knowledge in the following areas:
- Knowledge of and extensive practical experience with instructional planning and execution for students with a variety of mild to moderate special needs using assistive technology and augmentative communication devices.
- Knowledge of and extensive practical experience with assistive technology devices and augmentative communication devices.
- Knowledge of and extensive practical experience with a variety of students with mild to moderate special needs from PreK-10.
- Knowledge of and extensive practical experience with the legal aspects of special education as well as the Individualized Education Plan.
- Experience working with novice special education teachers desired.
- Teaching at the Higher Education level preferred.
- Experience using Canvas platform is desired.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested applicants must submit curriculum vitae, cover letter including a description of your teaching philosophy, and a copy of your unofficial transcript (an official transcript will be required upon acceptance of an offer of employment) and a list of three professional references, one of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete contact information and professional titles.