Under direction of the College President, incumbent is responsible for the overall mission, vision, planning and supervision of the Accounting department. The Director of Finance supports WETCC mission by serving as the chief financial administrator, responsible for planning, directing and controlling financial functions for all College activities. Incumbent will oversee the Accounting department and staff to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations while aligning the College’s mission and strategic goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible to oversee the financial functions of WETCC to ensure accurate recording and reporting in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles, including: receipts, accounts receivable/payable, payroll, journal entries, chart of accounts, cash controls, and applicable reporting.
- Plans and coordinates the preparation and implementation of the annual operating budget of the college in collaboration with departments.
- Maintains control over the inventory, budget, and expenditures of assigned departments and is responsible for the appropriate utilization of funds.
- Serves on the President’s Cabinet. Serves as a senior administer in helping WETCC accomplish its strategic priorities to assist in maintaining quality improvement.
- Directs and supervises assigned staff on all performance and personnel matters.
- Responsible for the acquisition of funds from authorized sources including the tribal, state and federal and private sources.
- Maintains proper insurance coverage on all College facilities and equipment.
- Develops, implements, and supervises the book store, procurement and property inventory system.
- Coordinates external fiscal audits for all college programs, including the annual audit and addressing any deficiencies.
- Implements college financial policies and procedures.
- Attends Board of Trustee’s meetings to provide information regarding financial matters.
- Develops and coordinates the endowment/investment and/or savings plan(s) for the college in collaboration with the President.
- Implements and monitors payment authority practices, including financial aid and student holds.
- Participates in professional development activities and serves on college committees that support the goals and mission of the college.
- Actively participates in planned and informal recruitment and retention activities.
- All other duties assigned as related to position.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and finance in a higher education setting preferred.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Combination of Education and experience may be considered
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting field concepts: (GAAP), Payroll practices, and AP/AR procedures.
- Supports the Finance and Human resource offices by following established policies and procedures and offering suggestions for changes as needed.
- Excellent computers skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Excellent organizational and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise and direct personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and oral correspondence.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Ability to multitask and apply problem solving techniques.
Apply for Finance Director-Full-Time/Part-Time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mahnomen
- Business & Management Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mahnomen
- Accounting & Finance Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mahnomen
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mahnomen
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Mahnomen