Research Coordinator I
Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants. Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Interviews, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database. May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- May collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocol.
- Employees may be required to receive on the job training of phlebotomy and EKGs/ECGs prior to performing on study participants.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Schedules research participant for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party.
- May correspond with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Bachelors Degree required plus some experience with clinical research and/or public health.
- Masters Degree with interest in public health.
- PhD/DrPH in Public Health or nursing.
- Coordinates day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants in a clinical setting
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
- Coordinates IRB protocols with other sites on multi-site studies.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston