Manage, transport, and maintain fresh and embalmed human samples including cadavers, body parts, and pre-dissected teaching materials on BCM campus. Perform embalming to human samples when needed. Manage and maintain human anatomy morgue and teaching labs; including preparing remains for in house labs and maintaining sufficient supplies & equipment;.Support the Willed Body Program and help to maintain data and records. Provide support and service to faculty, residents, and students for educational needs. Managing shipment of human remains to other facilities, cremation and scattering of ashes. Coordinating with contracted vendors on any specific transfer or other special requests.
- Manages and maintains anatomical specimens including cadavers, prosections, and body parts in good conditions for teaching usage.
- Triages the donations to embalmed specimen or fresh frozen usage
- Transports human specimens between inspected locations on campus and within state.
- Embalms cadavers when needed.
- Prepares cadavers for cremation
- Scatters appropriate ashes at sea
- Maintains the anatomy morgue, lab, storage, and other facilities in clean and functional state.
- Manages and maintains all the tools used in anatomy morgue, lab, and other facilities.
- Maintains and prepares anatomical teaching materials (specimens and models) for undergraduate and graduate medical education activities.
- Assists senior funeral director in daily operations.
- Assists faculty and collaborators during teaching and teaching preparations.
- Collaborates with the Willed Body Program manager.
- Keeps accurate and complete anatomical records.
- Associate's degree in Mortuary Science or Funeral Science.
- Prior experience with cadavers.
- Licensed Funeral Director in the State of Texas.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston