The Procurement Manager, Materials Management is responsible for all aspects of the strategy, development, deployment, and management of Materials Management, Inventory Management, Order Management, Deliveries, Distribution, and Logistics across the institution. This position also works cross-functionally and collaboratively with all BCM stakeholder functions and departments, senior/mission leadership, and Supply Chain Services to make sure that BCM Materials Management aligns with overall BCM strategic objectives.
The Procurement Manager, Materials Management will be responsible for a total inventory of $400 million and lead a team of 15-20. This role will develop a materials and inventory management roadmap for transformation and change. This role is also expected to lead a materials management service as an operator who is accountable for inventory management, logistics, distribution, deliveries, and reporting to provide a competitive advantage to BCM missions. This position will contribute to tactical and operational plans to create the infrastructure, skillsets, and capabilities for delivering an inventory management service across the Baylor College of Medicine. The Procurement Manager, Materials Management will also be the BCM point of contact for distributors, operations service providers, and partners in our supply chain.
- Develop a roadmap for transforming the Materials Management function.
- Build an organization that is best-in-class with lean processes.
- Streamline ordering, inventory management, and delivery processes, including auto replenishment and advanced materials handling capabilities.
- Create a customer centric Materials Management service delivering new value across all BCM missions.
- Measure and report employee and customer satisfaction with the BCM Materials Management function.
- Develop inventory and materials management metrics with well-defined key performance indicators and report quarterly.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Operations or a related field.
- Eight years of relevant experience.
- Masters, MBA, or other advanced degree is preferred.
- Additional professional certifications in operations and materials management preferred.
- A minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in a highly decentralized organization.
- Management responsibility and authority over more than $300 million annual inventories.
- Extensive experience and expertise in operations and inventory management processes, tools, and metrics with a proven track record of building out and managing the entire end-to-end supply chain.
- Proven record of accomplishment in creating well-defined procedures and best practices to include compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Knowledge of Uniform Guidance is a plus.
- Knowledge of P2P tools, SAP ERP systems, contracting tools, and spend analytics a plus.
- Ability to both increase visibility of all BCM inventories and analyze opportunities for consolidation of spend, suppliers, and services.
- Well versed in creating a consistent package for reporting materials management and business impact.
- Knowledge of SAP, Lawson, Jagger, and McKesson automation and supply chain tools.
- Experience in process ownership, aggregating inventories and item SKU's, and the use of common suppliers and service providers in a highly complex and decentralized organization.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston