The Director, Procurement, is responsible for all aspects of the strategy, development, deployment, and management of Procurement functions across the institution. This position also works cross-functionally and collaboratively with all BCM stakeholder functions and departments, senior/mission leadership, and other functions within Supply Chain Services to make sure that BCM Procurement aligns with overall BCM strategic objectives. This Director role will be responsible for the transformation of the BCM Procurement function - both recommending and operationalizing the strategies that are fundamental to this transformation.
- Develop and deliver on a roadmap for transforming the Procurement function.
- Build an organization that is best-in-class with lean processes.
- Streamline the requisition-to-pay (R2P) and procure-to-pay (P2P) processes including legal, compliance, and finance approvals.
- Create a customer centric procurement service delivering new value across all BCM missions.
- Measure and report employee and customer satisfaction with the BCM Procurement function.
- Develop procurement metrics with well-defined key performance indicators and report quarterly.
- Develop and institute procurement procedures that conform to Uniform Guidance, compliance, and regulatory requirements standards so as to protect the Baylor College of Medicine by mitigating risk and maintaining compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
- Serve, in conjunction with the VP of Supply Chain Services, as a key spokesperson for the Procurement function in the BCM SAP reimplementation .
- Build the infrastructure and team to transform the end-to-end procurement function.
- Develop strong working relationships with all internal stakeholders and leadership to become a trusted partner.
- Create standard procurement agreement templates in conjunction with Legal, Finance, and Compliance.
- Build the infrastructure and teams needed to transform the end-to-end Procurement function and support BCM through its ERP reimplementation and beyond.
- Benchmark BCM Procurement against other medical and healthcare industry providers using recognized benchmarking companies to identify areas of improvement.
- Interface with internal customers and grants accounting groups
on procurement for both grant-funded buying and sponsored research
including UG and FAR compliance.
- Master’s degree.
- Seven years of relevant experience. Degrees in lieu of experience will not be accepted.
- Masters, MBA, or other advanced degree is required.
- Additional professional certifications in Procurement is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership experience in a highly decentralized organization.
- Previous management responsibility and commitment authority for over more than $300 million annual spend.
- Extensive experience and expertise in procurement processes, tools, and metrics with a proven track record of building out and managing the entire end-to-end procurement value chain.
- Proven record of accomplishment in creating well-defined procedures and best practices to include compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Knowledge of Uniform Guidance and FAR regulations is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of P2P tools, SAP ERP systems, contracting tools, and spend analytics.
- Ability to both increase visibility of the entire BCM spending map and supplier mix details and analyze opportunities for consolidation of spend, suppliers, and services.
- Well versed in creating a consistent package for procurement reporting and business impact.
- Knowledge of SAP, Lawson, Jaeger, and McKesson automation and supply chain procurement tools.
- Experience in process ownership and aggregating spending and use of common suppliers and service providers in a highly complex and decentralized organization.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston