Records Coordinator, University Registrar
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Records Coordinator works as a team member to support the mission and functions of the Office of the University Registrar (UR) by working with students, faculty, staff, and others in an accessible and friendly manner. Integrity, confidentiality, consistency, responsiveness, reliability, and general knowledge of academic policies and of the University as a whole are hallmarks. Ensure that every interaction results in an experience that reflects well on the Office of the University Registrar and on Washington and Lee University. This individual will assist with public inquiries, data entry and processing, maintenance of paper and electronic records, correspondence, process creation, evaluation, and improvement, and other duties as assigned. Washington and Lee University actively promotes a dynamic and inclusive environment that allows students and employees of multiple backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives to learn, work, and thrive together. Successful candidates will contribute to that environment and exhibit potential for excellence in their areas of expertise. Essential Functions:
- Manages the electronic transcript process, troubleshoots technical issues, and takes action on incoming requests within one business day.
- Receives, processes, maintains, and files confidential records of transcript, enrollment-certification, loan deferment, and degree-verification requests in a timely manner.
- Processes requests for Apostilles.
- Assists the Associate UR with requests for and processing of midterm and end-of-term undergraduate grades and distribution of grade reports, if any, including the NGR grade update and running the composite physical-education grade routines. Updates the end-of-term and end-of-year grade distribution, "Top 3 Seniors", and term GPA summary grade spreadsheets.
- Works with the Associate UR to create the schedule of undergraduate classes each term, including correspondence with faculty and staff. This includes preparing a list of changes to the catalog information for inclusion in print and electronic registration materials.
- Enters overload permissions in the Colleague system. Sends notifications of overload/underload approvals to students via the management tools application. Keep track of overload and underloads each term and email notices to students.
- Assists the Associate UR in processing degree applications and curriculum declarations, including degree audit coding.
- Receives, processes, and files Greek pledge cards. Updates Greek lists for billing and end-of-term reporting in November and March.
- Creates and distributes check-in materials and be familiar with web matriculation process to assist students.
- Processes registration changes (drop/adds, pass/fails) as needed during the day of receipt. Processes withdrawal forms and collect undergraduate withdrawal grades from faculty.
- Distributes copies of grade-change and transfer-credit notifications.
- Maintains familiarity with university data-entry standards and tests updates to office and university software routines, as requested.
- Critiques and verifies accuracy of database information and make approved changes as needed, to include registration, advisor information, holds (restrictions), address, and other information related to the student record.
- Creates and maintains relevant office-procedures documentation. Suggests improvements to work flows, especially those which might result in improved efficiency, cost, or communication, especially with an eye toward the Workday transition. Responsible for cataloging changes in the transition to Workday and maintaining documentation for new procedures.
- Purges, collates, and re-files deceased alumni records and transcripts.
- Responsible for answering the primary phone line, receiving and distributing daily mail, preparing enrollment verification, and checking and distributing the email@example.com e-mail traffic. Handles daily correspondence, photocopying, filing, faxing, as requested. Maintains office inventory and order supplies in a timely manner, as approved. This includes a formal review as part of the budget- preparation process.
- Documents use of the office credit cards. Maintains budget records and files and pay invoices as directed.
- Serves as the primary user for the office Twitter and Facebook accounts, posting regular updates and notices in a timely manner. Assists the Associate UR to maintain the calendar of events.
- Coordinates with Assistant UR to supervise, monitor and organize the activities of work study students for the department.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Benefit EligibleFLSA: Non-Exempt Weekly Hours: 35 Minimum Pay: $18.50. Pay commensurate with experience. Washington and Lee affirms that diverse perspectives and backgrounds enhance our community. We are committed to the recruitment, enrichment, and retention of students, faculty, and staff who embody many experiences, cultures, points of view, interests, and identities. As engaged citizens in a global and diverse society, we seek to advance a positive learning and working environment for all through open and substantive dialogue. Washington and Lee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such, we are interested in candidates who are committed to high standards of scholarship, performance and professionalism and to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity in our faculty, staff and student body. Job description requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive of the knowledge, skill, and abilities needed to successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.