Women's and Men's Head Soccer Coach
POSITION TITLE: Women’s & Men’s Head Soccer Coach
SUMMARY: Excellent communication, organizational, teaching, and supervisory skills are essential. Must demonstrate leadership, and professional behavior when working with student-athletes. Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the faculty, staff, and administration. Willingness to accept responsibility for accomplishment of program objectives under the direction of the appropriate professional staff member. Must also possess a valid driver’s license free of any major violations.
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Master’s preferred from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Three years’ experience coaching and/or playing soccer
- 3-5 years of collegiate coaching experience required
- Knowledge of and skill in use of computers and software applications, specifically Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to be insured to drive college vehicles required
- Strong personal work ethic and high level of personal integrity
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends or holidays, depending upon program
- May be required to become an adjunct instructor during assignment
- Knowledge of NAIA policies, procedures and compliance rules in regards to recruiting and eligibility
- Responsible for the recruitment of student athletes in full compliance with the NAIA and Red River Athletic Conference
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner
- Ability to relate to a diverse population in a professional and helpful manner
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow multiple projects and tasks to completion
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation both within the college and the community
- Establish goals and directions for the operation of the program and developing a successful program athletically and academically.
- Working with the Soccer team through practice, instruction, conditioning and game competition to ensure the most successful program possible.
- Supervising all scheduling and traveling arrangements for the program. Assisting in the marketing and fundraising efforts of the program, the athletic department and the College. Overseeing and managing academic performance of team.
- Organizing and maintaining a summer camp to promote the Soccer program, and JCC Athletics.
- Motivates and inspires student-athletes to excel in the classroom and on the field; attends functions related to the soccer program; prepares reports; evaluates players.
- Manage a cost-effective and administratively efficient sport program.
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulations of the College.
- Responsible for assisting the Director of Athletics, and taking an active part in all Athletic Director approved department fund-raising/promotion projects.
- Responsible for representing the College on the highest professional level with dignity, integrity, and strength of character and to exhibit ethical behavior.
- Works collaboratively with all athletic support staff, as well as admissions, financial aid, and all other student services by providing information and meeting at scheduled times with them.
- Responsible for, at the conclusion of the sport season, providing the Director of Athletics with a year-end report.
- Provides valuable input into the budgeting process and administrates team budget responsibly and effectively.
- Responsible for coordinating with facilities for soccer field maintenance an needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Sound work ethics
- Proven Skills
- Listening skills
- Team player
SUPERVISION AND EVALUATION
- Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the immediate supervisor in accordance with provisions of the Jarvis Christian College Administrative Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Success in the workplace depends on a strong commitment to the tasks assigned, respect for others and confidentiality in handling, and dealing with prospects, and sensitive constituent information
- Honesty, integrity, and treating others with respect are expected at all times.
- Good presentation skills which include, but not limited to, professional dress/business attire, excellent personal grooming, and excellent verbal, as well as, written skills.
- Assume responsibility for own professional growth and development, keeping current of best practices in area of responsibility.
- Adhere to the Jarvis Christian College Code of Ethics