Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty - Computer Science
FULL-TIME TENURE TRACK FACULTY – COMPUTER SCIENCE
WILBUR WRIGHT COLLEGE
The Center of Excellence for Engineering and Computer Science in collaboration with the Computer Information Systems Department of Wilbur Wright College, one of the City Colleges of Chicago, seeks an innovative, collaborative, and technologically astute tenure track computer science instructor effective Spring 2021.
The Department seeks candidates who can help expand our existing courses with particular interest in candidates with expertise in the development of computer science courses, including database organization, discrete structures, data structures, or broad database systems. Applicants should possess a Master's of Science Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline (Artificial Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering with Automation and Robotics) and have demonstrated experience in and strong commitment to teaching. Successful candidates will be expected to develop and teach courses in computer science and contribute to Center of Excellence, departmental, and institutional activities.
- Teaches introductory and upper level computer science
- Develops computer science courses aligned with the Center of
- Collaborates, evaluates, and updates curriculum and
- Participates in developing innovative curriculum, assessment,
- Works with faculty and administrators throughout the district
to create a pathway for student success in transfer and workforce
- Creates an effective learning environment that fosters
students' intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem
solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employs a variety of assessment measures to ensure that
classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment
of student learning outcomes for the course(s).
- Helps students reach their academic, personal, career goals,
and cultivates a safe environment that respects the diversity of
individuals and ideas by modeling respect for all students, and
conveying confidence in every student's ability to learn.
- Participates in faculty development and governance
- Contributes to and supports the mission of the Center of
Excellence by holistically and intentionally providing accessible,
equitable, and quality education for all who are interested in the
fields of Engineering and Computer Science while continuously
aligning programs with transfer institutions as well as current and
emerging industry needs.
- Fulfills other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to City Colleges of Chicago board rules, policies,
procedures, and code of ethics.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or closely related field ( Artificial Intelligence, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering with Automation and Robotics) required; Doctorate Degree preferred.
- Proficient in current industry preferred programming languages, including but not limited to Java, Python, and C++.
- Advanced level knowledge across multiple operating systems and
- Advanced level knowledge of coding and program design in
multiple languages and platforms.
- Teaching or training experience, preferably in a technical or
- Demonstrated skill in teaching computer science concepts to
students in various modalities (face-to-face, hybrid,
- Demonstrated skill teaching computer science concepts to
students at different ability levels.
- Experience in developing innovative computer science curriculum
at the college level.
- Demonstrated understanding of and appreciation for the
community college philosophy and approach to teaching and
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and writing
All interested candidates, including current CCC employees, must submit the following documents together for review:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Statement of commitment to equity in the classroom
- Teaching evaluations (from students and/or peers, if
- Legible copy of your college transcripts (unofficial
transcripts initially accepted; official transcripts required at
time of interview)
- Two letters of recommendation
A teaching demonstration will be required of selected candidates at a future date.
Applications to be reviewed beginning November 1, 2020.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within six (6) months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago