Sponsored Programs Administrator
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Office of Sponsored Research Administration is growing and adding a Sponsored Research Administrator to the team. Reporting to the Associate Director of Sponsored Research Administration, this position provides grants and contracts administration for sponsored projects, including guidance on what issues may present a compliance liability to the university. Serves as a liaison among university administration, principal investigators, faculty, staff, and funding agency representatives. Responsible for providing guidance to principal investigators regarding federal and non-federal grant proposals and administration, including but not limited to adherence to 2 CFR 200 the Uniform Guidance and other government regulations including applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the university and sponsoring agency. Educate and support faculty on the university and agency specific processes to submit a grant or contract proposal. Responsible for monitoring and reporting on budget management of grants awarded to the university. Responsible for recording and maintaining sponsored projects information in the university systems.
Responsibilities include the following:
Manage proposal submissions and awards for government and private sponsored grants and contracts, including:
- Provide guidance, support and assistance to principal investigators with proposal submission process, including budget development, review of documentation for university, agency, and federal compliance and coordinating internal approvals.
- Serve as authorized organizational representative to submit proposals to funding agencies according to program guidelines.
- Serve as liaison among Office of Sponsored Research Administration, PIs, University departments, campuses and external funding organizations.
- Interpret and maintain a working knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies that affect sponsored research administration and compliance.
- Manage award setup process, including award review, negotiation of terms and conditions, award execution, and initiation of cost center setup.
- Develop, negotiate, and coordinate execution of subawards. Conduct monitoring activities and provide financial oversight of subrecipients.
- Raise potential concerns involving project budgets, administration, compliance issues and other key issues regarding sponsored administration and compliance.
- Process financial and staffing forms to the appropriate administrative department.
- Obtain necessary internal and external approvals for all post award actions.
- Coordinate closeout requirements for awards.
- Maintain a positive research environment and infrastructure.
Maintain Sponsored Project records:
- Maintain project files, sub-contracts, modifications and amendments, consulting agreements, split-funding forms, effort reporting, sub-recipient monitoring, record retention of contract documents.
- Input complete and accurate electronic data into university system
Coordinate other activities, special reports, projects and other related duties as assigned. Participate in professional development and/or training activities, with occasional travel to professional society meetings. Assist with the content of seminars and discussions pertaining to proposal submission processes.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field is preferred. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, 5+ years of experience in grants or contracts will be considered.
- At least three years of experience in research administration and working knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies affecting research grant/contract acquisition and compliance is required.
- Knowledge of budgeting and budget development.
- Demonstrated experience making independent decisions, researching, analyzing, and solving problems.
- Experience working effectively under pressure of deadlines, frequent interruptions, and changing and competing priorities.
- Ability to develop new systems or procedure to resolve problems and facilitate workflow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven experience working both independently and as an effective team member.
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach