Post-Doctoral Fellow , Mathematical Sciences - NFR JM
Mathematical Sciences - NFR JM
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Prof. Fangfang Wang at Worcester Polytechnic Institute has an opening for a 12-month postdoc position that is available immediately. The position will be supported by Prof. Wang’s collaborative grant with a strong team of researchers at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
Overview: At the advances of remote sensing technologies, there is a growing number of datasets that have both broad spatial extent and repeated observations over time. These datasets provide unprecedented opportunities for detecting broad-scale changes through time and for forecasting into the future. However, rigorously testing for patterns in these datasets and confidently making forecasts require a solid statistical foundation that is currently lacking. The goal of our project is to develop new statistical tools to analyze big, remotely sensed data that will add rigor to the conclusions about patterns of past changes and confidence to the forecasts of future trends around the globe. We will test our statistical methods with AVHRR/GIMMS3g, MODIS, AMSR-E, JAXA/JASMES, and Landsat data at global and regional scales to demonstrate the feasibility and highlight the value of our approach to the remote sensing community at large.
• Ph.D. in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related fields
• Knowledge and expertise in at least one of the following areas: spatio-temporal analysis, time series analysis, spatial statistics, spatial econometrics, longitudinal data analysis
• Knowledge and expertise in Matlab, R, Python, ArcView/ArcGIS, Google Earth Engine
• Ability to work well in an interdisciplinary, collaborative setting
Please attach a resume and cover letter if you are interested and eligible for working in the US. Contact Prof. Wang at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Worcester