About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
The Area Coordinator is a full-time, 12-month position providing administrative, supervisory, programming, support, and conflict resolution skills to students in a unique residence hall setting on a historic oceanfront campus. The Area Coordinator is a live-in member of the Residence Life staff and works collaboratively with students in developing a comfortable and inclusive living environment with multiple and diverse communities. The Area Coordinator provides assistance, guidance, and support to students and refers students in need to appropriate on-campus resources, and supervises Resident Advisors. The Area Coordinator is an active participant in the campus conduct process, and provides on-duty coverage to a residence population of over 1,200 students. The Area Coordinator demonstrates a commitment to building inclusive communities that focus on learning, leadership, and sensitivity to people of different and diverse backgrounds, and possesses a commitment to Salve Regina University's Mission and the Mercy Catholic tradition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and support the Resident Advisors and students in several unique residence halls on the campus, and assist in the ongoing training of Resident Advisors.
- Work effectively with the Residence Life team, Facilities, Housekeeping, and other key campus constituencies to provide students with an exemplary campus living experience.
- Implement and coordinate University programs designed to enrich the academic and social quality of life within the residence halls. Be self-motivated, energetic, inclusive, and possess a strong sense of customer service orientation.
- Serve as a conduct hearing officer, and effectively articulate the student code of conduct and community standards to students.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication, planning, decision-making, critical-thinking and mediation skills, demonstrate progressive responsibilities.
- Effectively manage the office reporting and evaluation system for Resident Advisors and students, and create assessments to achieve data-driven goals and projections.
- Complete a collateral assignment of up to 10 hours per week in another university department
- Coordinate one or more secondary assignments within Residence Life
Master's degree in Student Personnel or related field required. A working knowledge of residence hall living is required. Must possess a strong ability to work effectively, collaboratively, and cooperatively with faculty, staff and students. Excellent oral and written communication skills required, with the ability to interpret and communicate institutional policies, plans, objectives, rules and regulations to Resident Advisors and students.
Possess an understanding of and commitment to the Mercy, Catholic mission and values. Possess a demonstrated sensitivity to students, staff, and faculty of diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to, race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, economic status, geographic origin, and ethnicity.
This position could, on occasion, require bending, reaching, ascending and descending stairs, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Valid driver's license and insured vehicle.
This position is subject to both inside and outside work.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport