University of Idaho
Division/College: University Communications & Marketing
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $21.27 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Executive Assistant provides high-level confidential and executive administrative support to the Chief Marketing Officer and Executive Director of Communications & Marketing (CMOED) and the department. The position is responsible for maintaining up-to-date knowledge of University Communications & Marketing and University goals and objectives. The incumbent will work effectively with departmental directors and staff, campus administrators, and the general public. The Executive Assistant independently coordinates meeting arrangements, manages calendars, and interacts with internal and external customers in a heavy public relations role functioning as the first line of communication with administrators and the general public. The incumbent also provides support for personnel processes and serves as the Affirmative Action Coordinator for the unit.
- Three years experience in an administrative or office position
- Experience in office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, and researching, compiling and summarizing data for reports
- Experience interpreting, applying and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services
- Experience independently solving problems/performing liaison activities in a work setting
- Experience coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements
- Knowledge of University of Idaho policies and procedures
- Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint experience
- Experience in human resource functions
- Experience with university programs including Banner and PeopleAdmin
- Experience maintaining multiple calendaring systems
- Extensive public relations experience
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently and resolve problems in a work setting
- Ability to coordinate a workload for multiple projects
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002598P
Posting Date: 09/25/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Preference will be given to applications received by Sunday, October 11, 2020.
To be considered your “Letter of Qualification” must address each of the required qualifications. Additionally, please provide information in support of your application regarding the preferred qualifications as relevant.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.