Director of the Nursing Program and Center for Rural Health Practice
The University of Pittsburgh at Bradford is currently seeking a visionary leader with a passion for health care in rural regions to fill the position of Director of the Nursing Program and Center for Rural Health Practice.
This is a full-time, tenure-stream position at the rank of Associate or Full Professor, commensurate with experience.
The selected candidate will begin no earlier than January 2021 and will work under the supervision of the Division Chair of Biological and Health Sciences.
Campus(es): Bradford and Titusville, PA
Information about the Nursing Program and Center for Rural Health Practice:
- Doctoral degree (PhD or DNP) from a regionally accredited institution with a focus in Nursing or a closely related profession
- Experience in serving rural populations
- Experience in securing external funds
- Evidence of previous innovative health care programming
- Evidence of sustained scholarly productivity as indicated by publications, grants, or other validating material
- Expertise in the discipline as recognized at the regional/national and/or international levels
- Experience with ACEN or CCNE accreditation
- Prior face-to-face/ground classroom and clinical instruction experience at the university level and a preferred minimum of one to two (1-2) years of experience facilitating courses in an online environment
- Experience with curriculum and program development and evaluation
- Experience supervising university faculty and staff, including planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating
- Experience working with community leaders and members
- Demonstrated experience as an internal and external team leader
- Expertise working in a technology-driven enterprise
- Current RN licensure or eligibility for RN licensure in the state of Pennsylvania
- Provide administrative leadership in the planning, developing, and administering of the Nursing Program in accordance with university policies, accreditation standards, and state laws and regulations
- Provide leadership in coordinating and implementing admission and orientation processes
- Develop course schedules for the Nursing Program
- Develop a suite of rural health care programs and outreach activities
- Work with the Director of Assessment on outcomes, assessments, and program reviews
- Ensure that the Student Handbook is up-to-date, comprehensive, and accurate
- Ensure that the Nursing Program continues to meet ACEN standards and maintain files of accreditation reports
- Conduct annual trainings and reviews with faculty to prepare for ACEN Reviews
- Collaborate with regional health care agencies to identify critical health care needs in the role as Director of the Center for Rural Health Practice
- Identify and apply for outside funding opportunities to develop programs for the Nursing Program and the Center for Rural Health Practice
- Teach a course [per semester, as necessary] in the candidate’s content area
- Engage in and catalyze related professional development and university service for the Nursing faculty, students, and staff
Submit letter of application, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy statement, diversity statement (i.e., experience working with students, faculty, and staff from varied backgrounds), and three letters of recommendation that address excellence in teaching, professional development, and service.
All applications must be formally submitted through the University of Pittsburgh Talent Center application portal. Apply online at https://www.join.pitt.edu/.
Review of completed applications will begin on October 5, 2020, and continue until position is filled.
Women and applicants from traditionally under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Individuals with experience in a setting committed to multiculturalism and/or campus diversity are of particular interest.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and diversity. EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled www.upb.pitt.edu/faculty-search-information