Eruditus and its sister company Emeritus provide Small Private Online Courses (SPOCs) to students all over the world. We have partnered with top schools across the globe, such as Columbia Business School, The Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, INSEAD, Wharton, London Business School, Cambridge, and UC Berkeley Haas School of Business, to provide condensed, intense, practical, and convenient programs, which can either be conducted completely or partially online.
EMERITUS enables working professionals who cannot enroll into full-time courses to access a top-tier, affordable education that will give them the skills needed to be the business leaders of tomorrow. The Emeritus and Eruditus global team includes 550+ employees located in Boston, Dubai, Mexico City, Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai and Singapore.
This position is responsible for the design of courses in collaboration with our university partner institutions. You will be part of the Design Team, which includes team members in Boston, MA and Mumbai, India, and the broader Learning Team, which has team members across the globe. The Design team plays a critical role in developing our online course offerings, and ensuring they meet the world-class standards of us and our partners.
- Collaborate with university faculty and staff on the design of digital learning experiences
- Provide guidance to university faculty and staff on best practices of instructional design
- Define and design key course elements, including, but not limited to student learning outcomes, performance competencies, interactive elements, case studies, assessments, activities and multimedia assets.
- Adhere to course design schedules and quality standards
- Communicate effectively with faculty and representatives from partner institutions
- Contribute to positive faculty and school relationships with a high touch, client-focused approach.
- Deliver against deadlines in a fast-paced, global environment with multiple stakeholders.
- Liaise and collaborate with global team members
- Contribute effectively and meaningfully to a cross-functional team to ensure that course launch and daily operations run smoothly.
- Advocate for the learner and ensure that courses create value for them
- Remain current with research and emerging trends in instructional design and learning technology
- Conduct quality control checks on new and existing online courses.
- Work in coordination with the remainder of the Design team, as well as the Delivery team to ensure that course launch and daily operations run smoothly
- 1-3 years of experience working with faculty in higher education
- Detailed knowledge of evidence-based instructional design practices, models, and processes
- Demonstrated expertise in Backward Design, needs analysis and active student responding
- Facility for identifying critical performances and arranging opportunities to measure them
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation methods
- Experience coaching faculty in evidence-based best practices for learning
- Experience managing projects and/or programs that involve diverse individuals who may be local or at a distance
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Demonstrated skill working with online learning tools and software
- Experience designing or converting courses for online delivery
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
- Knowledge of universal design for learning and accessibility standards
- Familiarity with known course design quality standards (e.g., Quality Matters)
- Experience with quality assurance and quality control processes
- You’re most productive in a swift-moving environment, with a capacity to relentlessly adjust as necessary
- You’re comfortable bringing your own point of view to the table
- You’re highly collaborative, but you recognize when and how to take the reins and self-direct
- You’re ready for a challenging growth opportunity, and you’re excited about the prospect of working with multinational colleagues
- You’ve earned a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Instructional Design, Educational Psychology, or related discipline, from a fully accredited university
- You have a passion for learning and a willingness to experiment with new skills and perspectives
- You take pride in the quality of your work, but maintain a sense of humility in managing relationships across different cultures and clients
- You have a diplomatic approach to both face-to-face and virtual communications
EMERITUS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apply for Instructional Designer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly