Dean, Academic Affairs - Nursing
Opportunity at a Glance
Empowering. Influential. Inspiring. Passionate….these are the leadership traits that our future Dean, Academic Affairs will hold. Bring forward these traits along with your strong academic nursing experience to play a lead role in our BSN program based in Phoenix.
You will engage, guide & lead the management, delivery and continuity of our academic nursing program. You will shape & mentor a collaborative team, which could include Nursing Faculty, an Academic Success team, Skills Lab & Clinical Coordinators. Ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered to meet the college’s objectives.
Our customized unique Care-Student Success model helps us achieve our mission to provide the best student experience possible. Help lead the path to assure our students are provided support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
- Chair the implementation of the institution's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes and course objectives through classroom, clinical teaching and service to the College and nursing community.
- Orchestrate leadership & encouragement to nursing faculty including determining and assigning appropriate faculty workloads.
- Advise in the recruitment, selection and onboarding of qualified nursing faculty.
- Demonstrate leadership to the Academic Operations staff.
- Collaborate with academic committees to ensure that appropriate goals and projects are implemented.
- Be an Advocate for student success including, student persistence, graduation rates, first time NCLEX-RN pass rates and student satisfaction and is accountable for the development of action plans to meet and maintain Chamberlain University’s standards.
- Partner in the development of annual budgets for both academic and academic operations areas.
- Serve as resource, mentor and policy interpreter for academic leaders, faculty, and students.
- Initiate leadership in the development and maintenance of new programs and/or program expansion.
- Positively represent Chamberlain University to professional groups, organizations and the community at large, as well as, to the organization.
- Empower a positive environment for our faculty, staff and students by modeling a care-based attitude.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in nursing required
- Doctorate degree preferred.
- Current unencumbered licensure as an RN or a multi-state privilege to practice nursing in the Commonwealth/State.
- Five years full time experience in nursing education required with at least 3 years in a leadership role.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution and computer skills. - Ability to lead, direct and advise both faculty and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Strength to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
Chamberlain University has a 130-year history and the mission to educate, empower, and embolden diverse healthcare professionals who advance the health of people, families, communities, and nations. We’re 99,000 strong, with 31,000 students and 68,000 alumni armed with the skills, passion, and determination to make a difference in today’s complex healthcare environment. By living Chamberlain Care®, we’ve built a culture in which colleagues and students thrive, and we graduate extraordinary healthcare professionals who transform the health of people worldwide.
Our regionally accredited University is comprised of the College of Nursing and the College of Health Professions. Our College of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program at 22 campuses and online post-licensure degree programs and certificates including RN to BSN, RN to MSN, a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with six Specialty Tracks, and a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). Our College of Health Professions offers online options with a Master of Public Health degree, Public Health Certificate programs, and a Master of Social Work degree. Learn more about Chamberlain University, part of Adtalem Global Education, at www.chamberlain.edu.