Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5474
Regular/Temporary: Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Temporary, part-time (0.5 FTE) position. Begins August 2020 and is anticipated to last through June 1, 2021.
Position Summary: This individual provides direct service in primary medical care to students in an ambulatory respiratory care clinic. Will treat patients with COVID-19 symptoms. Diagnose, treat and prescribe medication according to scope of practice. Counsel and educate patients regarding health issues.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Within scope of practice, provide primary medical care to students, including evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and management of general medical problems
- Assist with contact tracing efforts on campus
- Provide patient education regarding physical and mental health
- Oversee respiratory care satellite clinic on campus
- Oversee COVID-19 testing and reporting to public health department
- Consult with staff and parents about health and medical issues of students when appropriate and with written consent from the student
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic medical records
- Participate in Division and other University meetings, projects, and committees
- Maintain continuing medical education units as required for license
- Consistently wear PPE to protect self from illness
- Master's degree
- National board certification as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA), family or adult practice
- Licensed to practice in the state of Washington
- DEA license
- Two or more years' experience in primary care, including patient education, college setting experience preferred
- Ability to exercise a considerable degree of independent judgement and action
- Experience developing and implementing a variety of programs and outreach services
- Willingness to work in high risk environment related to COVID-19 pandemic
- Commitment to equal opportunity/affirmative action
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible.
- Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
Position Contingency: Due to significant uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 health crisis and its potential impact on institutions of higher education, this position is contingent upon the university having sufficient enrollment, continuing operating needs, and/or funding to support the work associated with this position.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA