Senior Program Director - Masters of Public Health Program
Senior Program Director – Masters of Public Health Program
The Augusta University Public Health Consortium seeks applicants for an associate professor to serve as Senior Program Director for its CEPH accredited Masters of Public Health Program. The Consortium is a collaboration of the College of Allied Health Sciences (CAHS), Institute of Public & Preventive Health (IPPH), and Medical College of Georgia (MCG) and is comprised of an interdisciplinary faculty from each of these units. The purpose of the Consortium is to improve and expand the existing CEPH-accredited MPH program and to advance public health-related education and research throughout the university. The position is full-time, tenure track with a primary appointment in IPPH and secondary appointment in one or both of the other units.
The IPPH at Augusta University is an interdisciplinary and a dynamic research institute at a rapidly growing public university. The institutional mission of the IPPH is to improve health, reduce health disparities, and prevent injury and illness through research, service, leadership, and training.
Special consideration will be given to candidates whose research interests complement the Institute’s and/or University’s existing strengths: substance use disorder prevention and treatment, community cancer prevention, rural health, racial and/or ethnic health disparities, cardiovascular disease prevention, migrant worker and/or correctional system healthcare, and health information cybersecurity. Prior experience with CEPH accreditation, and academic program administration is desirable.
Expectations (% Effort)
- Research (45%) – The successful candidate is expected to maintain an active research profile; participate in collaborative and interdisciplinary research; seek external funding and exhibit potential to sustain a funded research program; publish in top-tier peer-reviewed journals; present at professional meetings; and mentor student research with the Institute’s established Summer Scholars Program.
- Administration (30%) – Work with the MPH leadership team to grow and maintain the MPH program including CEPH accreditation, student recruitment, and program development.
- Teaching (20%) – Responsibilities include formal instruction within the MPH program and/or the individual’s academic departmental programs, advise graduate students, and direct student capstone projects
- Service (5%) – Provide service to the Institute, home academic department, College, and University through participation in faculty meetings and/or committee service. Provide service through involvement in professional organizations, serving as a journal manuscript reviewer, and/or on peer-review panels for grant applications.
Applicants must have earned a doctoral degree in public health, health policy, health services research, health economics, or a related discipline. The applicant should have a successful track record of peer-reviewed publications, and a history of successfully obtaining extramural funding. The applicant must demonstrate experience or outstanding potential for mentoring junior faculty. In addition, the applicant must show evidence of effective teaching.
The Institute of Public and Preventive Health
IPPH was founded in 2012 as a multidisciplinary public health research institute. We currently have extramural funding of over $4 million per year. Located on the Health Sciences Campus of Augusta University, home of Georgia’s only public medical school, IPPH offers a unique opportunity for faculty interested in all types of public health and health policy research, and provides numerous opportunities for inter-disciplinary collaborations across the spectrum of the health professions in a vibrant multi-campus university.
Augusta University (AU) is one of the University System of Georgia’s four comprehensive research universities and is Georgia’s healthcare flagship institution with the nation’s eighth largest medical school, the state’s sole dental college, an integrated health system, and a new $150 million Cyber Center. A comprehensive set of undergraduate and graduate programs complements Augusta University’s healthcare emphasis.
Located along the banks of the Savannah River, Augusta is Georgia’s second largest city. It is renowned internationally for its annual Masters Golf Tournament. Known as the "Garden City'', Augusta features picturesque and friendly neighborhoods, low cost of living, and many cultural and recreational opportunities. A growing and thriving city with a metropolitan area population of over 575,000, Augusta was recently ranked 22nd of the 367 U.S. metropolitan areas that Kiplinger's Personal Finance considered for its list of Best Cities for the Next Decade and is ranked by US News and World Reports as one of the top 100 best places to live. Augusta is a short drive from major metropolitan areas (Atlanta, GA, and Charlotte, NC), scenic destinations, including the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Atlantic coast, and historic locations, including the dynamic coastal cities of Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC.
How to Apply
Candidate materials should include a letter of interest including a description of research, and curriculum vitae. IPPH faculty positions are found at https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=217334&PostingSeq=1. Upload application materials to Job ID #217334. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by October 31, 2020.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Augusta University is also a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Augusta
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Augusta
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Augusta
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Augusta
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Augusta