Medical Assistant I
The Department of Dermatology at Baylor College of Medicine has an immediate opening for a Medical Assistant I. The ideal candidate is a Certified Medical Assistant. Experience in a dermatology practice with a surgical environment is a plus.
The Dermatology Clinic is a state-of-the-art facility that treats patients with skin conditions, performs Mohs Surgery on skin cancer patients, and performs cosmetic procedures.
- Performs routine patient care responsibilities such as rooming patients, taking vital signs, and informing the patient of any delays.
- Encourages patient to enroll and utilize Baylor's MyChart communication system.
- Notes the primary complaint for the visit and briefly reviews lab values; identifies if patient has concerns regarding lab values and alerts nurse or physician.
- Schedules patient tests and appointments and prepares patient charts in Epic EMR.
- Collects patient histories, performs medication reconciliation and enters information into EMR.
- Maintains patient and services rooms in a neat and orderly condition.
- Takes an inventory of clinic supplies and orders new supplies and equipment.
- Sorts clinic mail and files patient medical records.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining obtain lab/x-ray reports, lab reports, hospital notes, referral information; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
- Sets up instruments and equipment according to department protocol.
- Conducts patient outreach phone calls, post visit follow-up.
- Assists with procedures in clinical and surgical areas as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED and completion of an approved Medical Assistant Training program through an accredited institution.
- No experience required.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant through an accredited professional organization (AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NCCT, NAHP, NHA, NAHP, AMCA, or NRMA). New employees who are not currently certified, must obtain certification within six months of employment. Please attach a copy of your certification to your application.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.