Director – Student Activities & Recreational Sports/Camps
Director – Student Activities & Recreational Sports/Camps
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Director – Student Activities & Recreational Sports / Camps
Department: Department – Student Activities & Recreational Sports / Camps
Reports to: Chief Student Engagement Officer
Position Summary: The Director of Student Activities & Recreational Sports / Camps leads a comprehensive, student-centered program designed to meet the needs of a diverse campus community. This position is responsible for directing recruitment, strategic planning, events and activities that add to the social climate, cultural experience and co-curricular involvement of students. The Director’s portfolio includes the following programs and services: special events, sport clubs, outdoor trips, adventure activities, informal recreation and summer camps. The Director collaborates with campus partners to enhance the student experience and support student success by fostering the delivery of programs and services that meet the holistic needs of an active community.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Coordinate the overall operation of the Sport Club program, in cooperation with Student Engagement, to include recruitment, retention, development and maintenance of accurate contact records, supervision of club sport coaches, knowledge of governing bodies, development of manuals and conduct waivers, and monthly and annual reporting. Direct club sports coaches regarding budgeting, scheduling, compliance, participant eligibility, fundraising, community service, and event planning/management. Act as a liaison between the sport clubs and the various University units.
2. Develop and implement operational policies and procedures leading to consistent and efficient scheduling, support and administration of events. Consult with student leaders, faculty / staff advisors as necessary to direct activities, identify operational needs, execute contracts, market programs and identify opportunities for enrollment growth through new program opportunities.
3. Direct programming board to plan, execute and evaluate calendar of events during the academic year. Direct strategic planning and manage financial resources to ensure maximum use of available resources.
4. Responsible for planning, development and direction of operating and fundraising budget within University and departmental procedures. Attendance at specified department fundraising events. Assist in the planning of Club / Org specific alumni events, as well as developing new opportunities through alumni networks. Work effectively with the Chief Engagement Officer to satisfy philanthropic and revenue generation outcomes.
5. Summer Fun/Spring Break Day Camp responsibilities include:
a. Solicit, interview, and hire qualified individuals to serve as camp staff
b. Conduct orientation session for all camp staff prior to camp including job performance expectations, safety, emergency action plans, and policies/procedures for the camp counselors.
c. Contact and organize field trips for the campers
d. Manage daily operations of camp including monitoring camp staff to assure delivery of camp experiences.
e. Develop a weekly camp schedule of activities, promotional materials, and fee structure for camp.
f. Keep accurate records of camp participants and provide weekly reports of camp participation.
g. Serve as a contact for all parent correspondences.
h. Process registrations, maintain enrollment database, process deposits, and produce weekly invoices/receipts for campers.
Education: A master’s degree or higher in a related field preferred.
Experience: Experience in Student Affairs / Athletics. 3-5 years’ experience working in academic settings with diverse communities; 2 years project management work experience; experience leading collaborative teams.
Specific Skills: Microsoft Office, Outlook and Excel knowledge.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications:
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Use of computer screen, phone and customer service.
May require bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Travel (If applicable): as needed
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): Yes
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Nights and weekends sometimes required.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle