Asst Dir, Wellness Programs - (STA006442)
Assists in the coordination and implementation of all UH Wellness initiatives, including programming, services and outreach.
- Responsible for the overall provision of UH Wellness programs, including development and provision of prevention services; assist in programmatic and administrative functioning of the department.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Wellness Center events including programs, meetings, peer participation, logistics and event calendar.
- Assist in the development and implementation of Wellness Center prevention programs, including recruitment, scheduling, presentation, oversight of activities; conducts assessments of the programs and determines new programming as needed.
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, training, management, supervision, advisement and evaluation of student workers, graduate assistants and peer educators.
- Supports the implementation of evidenced based programming, complete associated research, including use of statistical software, and assessment protocols as needed to strengthen accountability and learning outcomes. Submits programs to national conference for dissemination and participates in the search for external funding.
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives and assessment planning, as well as program specific budgetary planning.
- Develops, conducts and supervises workshops for UH Wellness on site and across the university community.
- Researches and analyzes trends in student health behavior through development of on-going assessment of programs and periodic health surveys.
- Manages the planning, implementation and evaluation of theory-based and evidence informed health promotion strategies, programs and services.
- Represents the department on division wide committees as well at professional conferences and meetings. Performs other job-related duties as required.
Master's Degree and 3 years experience.
Requires application of advanced principles, techniques and theory in a professional discipline or a thorough general business management knowledge. Knowledge of this level is typically obtained through a directly job-related Master's degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field of specialization that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Requires professional licensing, certification or registration directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
This position will take a leading role in developing and facilitating a strategic university wide approach in fulfilling the DSAES (Department of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services) well being defining statements "Cultivate a community of care to promote and enrich the health and well being of UH students to become successful scholars and engage global citizens. We are looking forward to a trong candidate who understands using a variety of health frameworks incuding Healthy Campus, JED, the Framework for a Comprehensive College Health Program, and the Standards of Practice in Health Promotion in Higher Education for a holistic upstream approach to the health and well being of our students on campus. 5 years of experience is strongly preferred and MCHES certification is strongly preferred.