Assistant Professor of Kinesiology (Biomechanics)
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, EAST BAY
FACULTY EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
DEPARTMENT OF KINESIOLOGY
OAA Position No. 20-21 KIN-BIOMECHANICS-TT
THE UNIVERSITY: California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) is a comprehensive university serving the San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley. It is known for award-winning programs, expert instruction, its diverse student body, and a choice of more than 100 career-focused fields of study. With an enrollment of approximately 15,000 students and 900 faculty, CSUEB is organized into four colleges. The University offers bachelor’s degrees in 49 fields, minors in 52 fields, master’s degrees in 34 fields, 16 credentials programs, 18 certificate options, and 1 doctoral degree program. http://www20.csueastbay.edu/
California State University East Bay has a mission to support a diverse student body through academically rich and culturally relevant learning experiences. The successful candidate will bring with them expertise or an openness to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all students.
THE DEPARTMENT: Our Department approaches kinesiology from life-sciences, cognitive-behavioral sciences, and humanities perspectives with a strong emphasis on social justice and inclusion. https://www.csueastbay.edu/kin/
We offer bachelor’s and master’s in Science degrees and have a Physical Education Single Subject waiver option. We are a vibrant department currently serving over 800 Majors. Our Department prides itself on its campus-wide recognition of our student-centered approach to teaching, engagement in community service, and scholarly activity. Our Program also boasts a highly diverse student body. We take a cross-disciplinary approach to the field of kinesiology and thus require a broad core for all students. Our Kinesiology Laboratory is a teaching/research laboratory space including equipment for exercise physiology, biomechanics, exercise testing and prescription, and motor learning/sport psychology laboratories. https://www.csueastbay.edu/kin/aboutkinesiology/facilities.html
DUTIES OF THE POSITION: We are seeking an energetic and collaborative individual to join our team to complement and strengthen existing expertise and experience. Specific duties of the position include:
(1) Teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the areas of biomechanics and musculoskeletal anatomy.
(2) Additional teaching assignments may include exercise and wellness, exercise testing and prescription, and/or motor learning and control.
(3) Engage in an active line of scholarship relevant to professional expertise.
In addition to teaching, all faculty have expectations for scholarship, advising responsibilities, departmental administrative and/or committee work, campus-wide committee responsibilities, and service to the community. The majority of our courses are offered in a face-to-face format, but some hybrid and online course offerings exist. Please note that teaching assignments at California State University, East Bay include courses at the Hayward, Concord and Online campuses.
RANK AND SALARY: Assistant Professor. Salary is dependent upon educational preparation and experience. Subject to budgetary authorization.
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: Fall Semester 2021Qualifications
(1) An earned doctorate in doctorate in kinesiology or closely related field. Applicants who are ABD will be considered.
(2) Expertise, specialized preparation, and the ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: biomechanics and musculoskeletal anatomy.
(3) Ability to teach in areas of exercise and wellness, exercise testing and prescription, research methods and/or motor learning and control preferred.
(4) Appreciation of a cross-disciplinary approach to kinesiology.
(5) Potential to be a successful teacher at the university level; a record of successful teaching at the university level preferred.
(6) Potential to be a productive scholar; a record of scholarly achievement preferred.
(7) Experience supervising undergraduate student researchers preferred.
(8) Experience in grant writing and obtaining external funding preferred.
(9) An understanding of working with students from diverse backgrounds.
(10) A commitment to excellence in student engagement, mentoring and student success preferred.
Candidates should demonstrate experience in teaching, mentoring, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. Additionally, applicants must demonstrate a record of scholarly activity. This University is fully committed to the rights of students, staff and faculty with disabilities in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. For more information about the University’s program supporting the rights of our students with disabilities see: http://www20.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/as/Application Instructions
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applicants begins August 15, 2020. The position is considered open until filled. Applications received after August 15, 2020 cannot be guaranteed full consideration. Please submit: (1) A letter of application, which addresses the qualifications noted in this position announcement; (2) a complete and current vita that includes URLs (or copies) of three recent examples of scholarly activity relevant to the position; (3) a list of the specific classes in our curriculum that you are qualified to teach; (4) materials that demonstrate your teaching record; (5) official copies of graduate transcripts; (6) three signed professional letters of recommendation; and (7) a one-page diversity statement that addresses how you engage a diverse student population in your teaching, research, mentoring, and advising via Interfolio (see “Apply Now” at http://apply.interfolio.com/76614) In addition to letters of recommendation, selected applicants will be asked to provide three (3) telephone references for reference checks.
You may refer questions regarding the position to:
Department of Kinesiology Main Office
California State University, East Bay
25800 Carlos Bee Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94542
Office Phone No.:510-885-3061
Office Fax No.: 510-885-2423
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
Note: California State University, East Bay hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All offers of employment are contingent upon presentation of documents demonstrating the appointee’s identity and eligibility to work in accordance with provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act. A background check (including a criminal records check and prior employment verification) must be completed and cleared prior to the start of employment.Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, CSUEB does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hayward
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hayward
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hayward