Director, Sponsorships and Donor Cultivation
The Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U), a national higher education organization committed to improving the quality of undergraduate education, seeks a Director, Sponsorships and Donor Cultivation to provide support to the Vice President by developing and sustaining relationships with corporate partners in support of AAC&U’s mission, programs and services. The director reports to the Vice President for Advancement and Member Engagement.
AAC&U is recognized nationally and internationally as the leading association dedicated to advancing the quality, vitality, and public standing of liberal education and inclusive excellence in higher education. Founded by 150 college presidents in 1915 as the Association of American Colleges, AAC&U currently represents nearly 1,200 accredited colleges and universities of every type and size. AAC&U’s membership comprises large and small, public and private, two-year and four-year, domestic and international, secular and faith-based institutions; tribal colleges, Hispanic-Serving Institutions, and Historically Black Colleges and Universities; and entire state systems.
- Works closely with Vice President to set revenue targets, identify opportunities for corporate, foundation and individual donor support for AAC&U programs and services and to identify corporate, foundation, and individual prospects that might be a good fit with AAC&U’s culture and program offerings.
- Works with Vice President to develop new sponsorship opportunities and marketing initiatives to generate new forms of revenue.
- Partners with the Vice President to cultivate, recruit, and engage corporate partners, sponsors, foundations and other funders in the work of the Association.
- Supports the Vice President in design and implementation of fundraising campaigns.
- In collaboration with the Vice President, manages relationships with new and existing corporate partners, sponsors and foundations ensuring return on investment for both partners and AAC&U.
- Work with Vice President to support the establishment and success of an AAC&U Corporate Advisory Council, its events, meetings, and other activities, as appropriate.
- Develop case statements and contracts formalizing agreements and understandings with prospective donors and manage efforts with AAC&U staff to fulfill AAC&U’s responsibilities under those agreements.
- Working across AAC&U and in collaboration with the Vice President, develop responses to foundation Requests for Proposals and manage their timely completion and submittal.
- Support the Vice President for Advancement with managing relationships with existing donors and stewardship of new corporate sponsors and individual donors.
- Meet or exceed revenue targets for corporate sponsorships, donations and grants submittal.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field required; Advanced degree and certificate in fundraising preferred;
- A minimum of five years of experience in development, or corporate relations in higher education or a non-profit association;
- Proven track record of successfully achieving financial and other performance targets;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; persuasive, enthusiastic and persistent in making the case for support;
- Understanding of and experience managing a Client Relationship Management software required; familiarity with iMIS preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and work as part of a team;
- Sound project management skills.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter describing relevant work and educational experience as a single PDF file, as well as salary requirement, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin on October 26, 2020.
AAC&U believes that a broadly diverse staff is critical to achieving excellence as a national higher education association. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are fully committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with the full range of fair employment practices and non-discrimination laws.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Executive Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Executive Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.