Assistant Provost for Educational Innovation
Assistant Provost for
The Office of the Provost
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Applications are invited for the position of Assistant Provost for Educational Innovation at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. This is a full-time benefits eligible position that reports to the Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education. The salary is commensurate with experience and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For more information, visit go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The primary function of the Assistant Provost for Educational Innovation is to participate in shaping campus strategy and provide campus-wide support for innovation in face-to-face, blended and online education. Duties include the supervision of the Project Coordinator, assisting academic units in developing new types of educational programs, especially online programs, guiding campus policies around online programs, and promoting the use of data-driven research and analytics to improve program quality and enhance teaching and learning for our campus.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise department and college leadership about online and other innovative educational programs, including factors to consider in strategic decisions, timelines for new-program development, and necessary campus processes.
- Facilitate the development of new online educational programs and other innovative programs, helping academic units connect with the appropriate offices and carry out necessary steps.
- Work with the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning to develop strategies for program development, market research, marketing, and execution.
- Work with campus and system stakeholders on issues related to contracts, agreements, procurement, and policies that are associated with educational technologies.
- Maintain current knowledge in new and emerging educational issues at the pedagogical, programmatic, and administrative levels, and advise the campus on how it can respond to strategic opportunities in these areas.
- Understand the strategic, operational, and technical needs of online educational programs across campus and guide the development of campus policies and processes to support these needs.
- Provide guidance and support for student services related to educational technology and online education.
- Represent the Office of the Provost on internal and external bodies concerned with educational technology and educational programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required education, experience, and qualifications:
- Master's degree with a preference for a Ph.D. or equivalent terminal degree from an appropriately accredited university.
- A minimum of five years of academic administrative experience in higher education.
Preferred education, experience, and qualifications:
- Experience with online education.
- Experience teaching university-level courses online.
- Experience in developing and implementing new educational programs at a college or university level, especially online programs.
- Experience with academic/corporate partnerships, especially partnerships related to education and training programs.
- Experience addressing intellectual property issues in an academic setting.
Successful candidates will have:
- Understanding of the higher education environment and academic programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with administrators, academic staff, faculty, and students from a variety of disciplinary areas.
- Ability to analyze revenue flow and costs for an educational program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For full consideration, materials should be received by October 26, 2020. Application materials should include a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, names, and contact information for three references, including email and telephone numbers. Candidates may create a profile through jobs.illinois.edu. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Jennifer Steiling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Initial screening of applications will begin immediately, and interviews may be conducted prior to the close of the search. However, no hiring decision will be made until after the close of the search.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Urbana
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Urbana
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Urbana
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Urbana
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Urbana