Executive Director Facilities
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
The Director of Facilities provides leadership and supervision to all functions and services related to the management of the College's physical resources. Specifically, this position is responsible for coordinating day-to-day operations and maintenance, short and long-range planning, project management, budget development, compliance, and reporting. Responsible for developing an annual Capital Improvement Plan and coordinating the College's Educational Plant Survey, in addition to other state and federal reporting requirements related to facilities management. Serves as a member of the Emergency Management Team. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, commitment to excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage physical plant operations, maintenance, and related services including energy management, conservation, utilities and vehicle maintenance.
2. Supervise construction, renovation and remodeling projects; prepare and analyze bids for building repairs; review contract documents and coordinate work with contractors; conduct regular, formal and informal inspection of campus facilities and initiate appropriate action to correct discrepancies and/or achieve needed improvements.
3. Develop and manage Facilities departmental budgets; oversee procurement and use of supplies and equipment for maintenance and facilities.
4. Prepares the College's annual Capital Improvement Plan. Coordinates the College's Educational Plant Survey and all other state and federal reporting requirements related to facilities management.
5. Serve as a member of the Emergency Management Team and liaisons with the Director Campus Safety during emergencies. Serves on other College Committees and workgroups as assigned.
EDUCATION: Required: Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution required in a related discipline.
Trade school certifications and/or extensive related experience may be substituted for the degree with the approval
of the President.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum six (6) years’ progressively responsible experience and demonstrated
competence in building maintenance or facilities management. Supervisory experience. Valid Florida State
Must be available evenings, weekends, and during emergencies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices involved in building construction, engineering and/or architecture, preferably in a college environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, techniques, tools and materials used in building trades.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards associated with various trades work and the pertinent safety precautions
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices in budget formulation and execution, preferably in a college environment.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and Project Management software programs.
- Above average ability to organize and manage a diverse department.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise critical human relations skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with the college community.
- Ability to manage competing priorities with grace and tact.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to perform the supervisory and inspection tasks assigned. Ability to don protective clothing and/or equipment such as goggles, gloves, hardhat, etc., when required.
- Must be available evenings, weekends, and during emergencies.
This position requires the employee to own and use a personal communication device (cell phone) for successful job performance.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Executive Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Haines Creek
- Executive Directors Executive $70,000 - $89,999 Full Time jobs in Haines Creek