Dean of Nursing
Miami Regional University has an immediate opening for a Dean of Nursing to oversee the Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctorate Nursing Programs.
The Dean of Nursing provides leadership and administrative management for all Nursing Programs at Miami Regional University. This position reports directly to the Provost and serves as an integral member of the University’s academic management team. The Dean is directly responsible for academic planning and scheduling; curriculum development and instruction, and other academic matters for programs within the School of Nursing. The Dean of Nursing also ensures teaching excellence, faculty and student engagement, and student success in accordance with established regulations and accreditation standards. The Dean, as a visible ambassador for the University, actively promotes collaboration with an array of clinical and community partners. The Dean will demonstrate a commitment to the University’s mission, vision, and core values.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the associate deans and faculty, setting the example of accountability for goals and outcomes in the School of Nursing programs (ASN, BSN, MSN, DNP)
- Motivates faculty in the School to continuously improve quantity and quality of work performed and provides training and development opportunities as appropriate
- Participates in strategic planning and outcomes assessment
- Operates effectively within the organizational structure and models leadership behavior
- Shows persistence and seeks alternative solutions when obstacles arise
- Works within the University in a resourceful manner to accomplish reasonable work goals
- Shows flexibility in response to process change and adapts to and accommodates new methods and procedures.
- Reports directly to the Provost and works cooperatively with the Provost’s direct reports and peers as appropriate.
- Responsible for hiring and evaluating of faculty
- Ability to travel to conferences and clinical sites when required
- Other administrative duties as assigned to meet the needs of the University.
- Assures that students are provided support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
- Participates in recruitment activities in partnership with other constituencies of the University.
- Ensures accreditation standards are always met
- Florida Commission for Independent Education (CIE)
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- Florida Board of Nursing (FBON)
- Supports all aspects of School adherence to accreditor standards including, but not limited to faculty standards, student affairs standards and assessment standards
- Prepares data and provides input to compliance department for annual reports and site visit reports for program accreditation relating to Nursing
- Directly responsible for achieving the expected level of achievement for licensure and certification pass rates for applicable programs.
- Work with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning to collect, analyze, evaluate and act on data, including, but not limited to; outcomes, standards compliance, graduation rates, retention/persistence, attrition, demographics, student satisfaction and others
- Monitors and updates the School of Nursing Institutional Assessment and Improvement Plan (IAIP) and Systematic Plan for Evaluation (SPE).
Education & experience required:
- Doctorate in Nursing or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum of ten years of academic and nursing experience at a post-secondary institution or commensurate documented experience in managing a like successful nursing program
- Florida Nursing License Required
- Demonstrate executive experience planning, assigning, scheduling, supervising and ensuring the quality of the work of others
- Strong experience in outcomes, compliance and performance improvement
- Experience working with Federal, State and accrediting agencies
- Experience with Student Management and Learning Systems
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ethical, with a high level of personal integrity
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work successfully on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced and, at times, stressful environment
- Demonstrate effectiveness in a role requiring dynamic and abstract problem-solving methods in adaptive situations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of higher education and nursing theories, concepts and practices with the ability to use in complex, difficult and/or unprecedented situations as it pertains to the departmental focus
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of accreditation
- Possess broad based knowledge of current best practices in supporting student success
- Ability to manage and supervise a diverse staff and work with cross-functional teams
- Possess a commitment to professional development and continuous improvement
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess strong organizational and time-management skills
- Possess intermediate-level skills with Microsoft Office
- Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle subject matters requiring privacy and sensitivity
- Ability to facilitate top-level collaboration while managing sensitive issues
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance workflow and quality
- Possess sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual, fluent in both English and Spanish preferred.
Job may require extended hours and weekends as needed. Must be eligible for rank of full professor.
Classification: Full Time Salaried Exempt
Physical and Precautionary Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations that do not cause an undue hardship may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to seat in front of a computer for extended periods using keyboard, monitor and mouse.
- Frequently required to sit, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, or lift up to 15 pounds unassisted.
- Frequent walking that may involve using stairs or elevators around campus.
- Extensive reading, digital and print.
- Using telephone.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Miami Regional University does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, genetic information, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal,, state or local law.
Apply for Dean of Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly