Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Woodbury University invites applications for an Accounts Receivable Supervisor. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor reports to the Financial Operations Manager and is responsible for the timely collection of accounts receivable in accordance with University policies and applicable governmental laws and regulations. Through leadership of the receivable function, including the supervision of A/R staff, the individual contributes to the overall success of the Business Office by performing timely all duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position qualifies University sponsored employee benefit plans and programs (e.g., group health insurance, life insurance, tax deferred annuity plan, annual vacation, sick, and paid holidays), subject to the eligibility requirements and conditions of each plan and program.
- Oversee the operations associated with Student Accounts Receivable & Cashiering ensuring all transactions are recorded, balanced, and reconciled.
- Recommend and implement collection policies and procedures to reduce outstanding tuition and student A/R, cash advances, and loans
- Ensure accuracy of student data, including student pay types, to aid in the preparation of analysis
- Update and maintain fee assessment functionality and for the configuration of the billing and refund processes.
- Ensure issuance of student refunds according to federal and state regulations.
- Monitor and report on outstanding accounts receivable collection activity.
- Counsels students on payment options and account discrepancies.
- Coordinate the Return of Title IV funds due to student withdrawals and financial aid adjustments
- Process accounts sent to collections in a timely manner an in accordance to policies
- Supervise A/R staff, and plan and schedule workflow to ensure appropriate distribution of assignments
- Fully utilize all information technology system applications and capabilities to promote efficiencies
- Oversee student-billings and collections with 3rd-party vendors (e.g., Saudi, Sober, VCA, employer, WU, ISES etc.)
- Processes Perkins loans and collections and reviews program changes from the Registrar’s Office
- Process and oversee annual 1098-T distribution
- Develop and implement SOAR best practices
- Participate in the annual financial audit
- Attend appropriate in-house or external job related trainings
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or related field, is required
- Minimum of three years of experience dealing with the collection and disbursement of funds required, preferably in a higher education environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships within the office and other colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical capability.
- Knowledge of the Power Campus Accounts Receivable Module.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and functional issues associated with Accounts Receivable Module.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the higher education environment procedures as related to receivables activity and student accounts.
- Ability to supervise and provide direction to department employees.
- Work in a team environment with campus community and assist in development of policies and procedures
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required; MS Access, Great Plains and Power Campus programs is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills, including clear concise written and verbal communications skills, is a must
- Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
- Manual hand/fingers dexterity.
- Combination of sedentary work, kneeling, stooping, bending, sitting, squatting, standing, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry 10-15 pounds.
- Works with/around and has verbal and face-to-face contact with others.
- Reading and writing skills, ability to analyze, perception and comprehension ability.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs. All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability, skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political orientation, disability, veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic information, membership or non-membership in any lawful organization, or any other protected status.
Apply for Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly