Online Program Director
Position begins 11/1/2020, with first program cohort Fall, 2021
Recognized for commitment to quality instruction, research and community partnerships, emphasizing social and economic development, the Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is expanding program delivery options through the addition of a new CSWE accredited online MSW program.
GSSW is searching for an enterprising and resourceful pioneer whose deep understanding of the trends in online higher education is paired with innovative ideas, teaching acumen, and management and leadership skills.
Reporting to the Dean of the GSSW and with coordinated responsibility to the GSSW MSW Program Director, the Online Program Director will play a leadership role in the development, marketing, and production of an accredited, fully online MSW program. Applying strong project management skills plus deep knowledge in instructional design and online course quality assurance, the Online Program Director will coordinate the end-to-end program development process and rollout of a scalable and financially sustainable online program with the first program cohort starting Fall, 2021.
The Online Program Director will collaborate with GSSW’s Associate Dean, the Offices of Admission and Field Education, and the Registrar and Student Support Services.
Flexible work schedule will be needed to meet the needs of the program. Residence in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut area preferred.
- Coordinate with Touro Marketing Department on outreach strategies to identify and recruit potential students, including online social media campaigns and ongoing analysis of campaigns and results.
- Develop and maintain recruitment materials.
- Recruit, maintain and monitor enrollment in the GSSW online MSW program; meet virtually with prospective students, and contribute to the admissions review process.
- Interact and coordinate with current recruitment and enrollment personnel
- Act as program point of contact with academic leadership, colleagues and clinical practitioners.
- Work with Online Program Field Director to develop marketing/recruitment relationships and support development of field placements for program target locations in Northern California and Israel.
- In collaboration with the Curriculum Committee maintain curricular documents related to MSW online program (catalog, manual, handbook, website, brochures and online descriptions).
- Supervise GSSW Instructional Design staff or contracted personnel. Facilitate connection with VP for Online Education.
- Work with GSSW administration and core faculty to identify and recommend instructors with experience delivering Online Social Work Program courses and practicum support; work with GSSW leadership and Touro departments to refine and execute online program instructor training, support and evaluation.
- Provide best practice guidelines and quality assurance measures for online pedagogy, including the promotion of accessibility design standards, in collaboration with Touro’s VP for Online Education.
- Work with GSSW leadership to maintain accreditation standards and assessment database ensuring compliance with CSWE EPAS.
- Serve as a primary point of contact with contracted marketing and instructional design consultants.
- Serve on GSSW committees as determined by Dean and Associate Dean.
- Teach one course per semester (fall and spring)
- Interact with faculty as coursework is converted to online environment.
- Must have a CSWE accredited MSW degree with a minimum of five years of social work or other human services-related work experience. A Doctorate in Social Work or related fields is preferred.
- Previous experience with online program development, including successful revenue generation.
- Demonstrated record of higher education teaching experience, with significant experience in instructional technology or online learning including online teaching experience.
- Substantial experience and fluency with at least one LMS (Canvas, Blackboard, etc.)
- Experience with a variety of operating systems (SX, Windows, mobile) and web-conferencing tools, such as Zoom and Skype.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Google Apps, Adobe, educational video production tools and cloud-based collaboration tools (Box, Google Drive)
- Experience with teaching and learning strategies to promote active learning, evidence-based practices, critical thinking, and the use of technology to enhance student success.
- Familiarity with synchronous and asynchronous modes of online course delivery.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Ability to work effectively and collegially in leadership and team roles, facilitating cross-program collaboration.
- Supervisory experience
- A minimum of three years of administration and program management experience