The Walker laboratory is one of the leading environmental epigenomics groups in the country, and plays a lead role in the NIEHS TaRGET II Consortium (Wang et. al. Nature Biotechnology 2018) charged with identifying epigenomic signatures associated with environmental exposures that cause disease.
The Walker lab is in need of an experienced individual at the Instructor level to manage TaRGET II and other ongoing epigenomic studies.
This position is ideal for an individual who has training in epigenomics, including RNA- and ChIP-seq, WGBS and other transcriptome and epigenome profiling approaches, including single cell approaches. The candidate will manage a team of trainees and technicians, and be expected to publish manuscripts and contribute data to grant submissions. The position also will provide opportunities to work with model organisms including C. elegans, and to gain expertise in bioinformatics approaches for analyzing and interpreting 'omics' data.
- Plans, directs and conducts research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- Maintains Project database and tissue inventories
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigator.
- Trains and supervises less experienced research staff.
- Defines problems and possible solutions.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Education: Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 3-5 years Post-doctoral experience required.
- Preferred: Doctoral Degree in Genetics, Molecular or Cell Biology, or other Biomedical Sciences.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston