Senior Faculty - CV Anesthesiology
Baylor College of Medicine and Department Summary:
Baylor ( www.bcm.edu ) is recognized as one of the nation's premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, and healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world's largest medical center (Texas Medical Center), Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare, and research affiliates (Baylor Affiliates).
Diversity among Baylor's students, trainees, faculty and staff is a prerequisite to accomplishing Baylor's institutional mission, and to maintaining the highest standards in training for healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, scientific innovation, and patient-centered care. Baylor is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all qualified persons without taking into account race, color, national origin, creed, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, veteran status or disability unrelated to job requirements.
Baylor's Hospital-Based Services, a unit of the Department of Ambulatory Operations, is currently seeking an experienced, qualified provider for its CV Critical Care Medicine division.
- This position will provide staffing for our CV Critical Care unit in Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center and will directly report to Dr. James Anton (Co-Interim Chair of Anesthesia and Chief of CV Anesthesia). Dr. J. Patrick Herlihy will serve as the Chief of Critical Care Services.
- Provider will have primary direct patient care responsibilities for patients in the critical care unit(s); from time to time she or he may have anesthesia responsibilities in our CV Anesthesia service.
- Provider will participate in quality care improvement initiatives.
- Education required: M.D.
- Required: Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in BOTH Critical Care Medicine and Anesthesiology
- Commitment to clinical excellence and a track record of excellent clinical performance.
- Scholarly enthusiasm and commitment to ongoing education.
- 10+ years experience working in an ICU setting.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.