Electronic Resources Cataloger Librarian
The University of Central Florida (UCF) Libraries seeks an innovative and energetic professional for the position of Electronic Resources Cataloger Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Cataloging Services, this position is responsible for coordinating cataloging and maintenance of electronic resources, including monographs, serials, databases, and integrating resources for UCF Libraries except the College of Medicine. Along with the rest of Florida’s state college and university libraries, the UCF Libraries expect to be migrating from Ex Libris’ Aleph to Ex Libris’ Alma in July 2021.
- Prepares bibliographic records for remote access electronic resources cataloging.
- Describes electronic resources as prescribed in RDA, Library of Congress-Program for Cooperative Cataloging Policy Statements, PCC Provider-Neutral E-Resource MARC Record Guide and other relevant standards.
- Assigns subjects using the Library of Congress Subject Headings and other thesauri as needed.
- Assigns call numbers using the Library of Congress Classification and other classifications as needed.
- Coordinates bulk loading and maintenance of catalog records for electronic resources.
- Evaluates and enhances vendor supplied descriptive records.
- Maintains awareness of current national cataloging practices and a high level of expertise related to electronic resources cataloging.
- Supervises staff assigned to the Electronic Resources Unit.
- Assists in training cataloging staff.
- Participates in library and university activities and committees, is professionally active, and engages in scholarly activities appropriate to rank.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association-accredited institution.
- Cataloging experience using AACR2r and/or RDA, LC classification, LCSH, and MARC21 formats and standards
- Experience using OCLC Connexion or other bibliographic utility.
- Experience using staff applications in an ILS/LMS.
- Experience cataloging electronic resources.
- At least two years of library cataloging experience.
- Working knowledge of metadata processing and transformation tools such as MarcEdit and OpenRefine.
- Experience with Ex Libris’ Aleph or Alma.
- Experience in an academic library setting.
- Ability to plan projects, take initiative, meet deadlines, and create documentation.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience in a supervisory position
Environment: With more than 68,000 students, the University of Central Florida is the largest university by enrollment in Florida and one of the largest universities in the nation, offering ninety-two bachelor’s, eighty-three master’s, and thirty-one doctoral programs. The UCF Libraries houses a collection of more than 2 million volumes and 68,000 serials and is a partial depository for government documents and patents. Full-time staffing of 110 includes forty-six faculty librarians. For more information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu
Salary and Rank: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty position with insurance and retirement benefits, paid annual days, sick days, holidays, and no state income tax.
To Apply: UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/499422 Please complete the online application for job number 499422 by the close date of October 29, 2020. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a signed cover letter, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
Questions regarding this search may be directed to the search chair, Jeanne Piascik at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
More searches like this
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Librarians & Library Administration Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Jobs Outside Academe Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya