Senior Campaign Director (S03760)
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitleSenior Campaign Director (S03760)
Job Description SummarySenior Campaign Director
Montgomery College has an immediate need for a Senior Campaign Director in the Advancement-Development Department. Montgomery College promotes and creates a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness. This is a non-bargaining, exempt, grade 35 position.
The Senior Campaign Director is tasked with identifying and building relationships for the purpose of fostering philanthropic gifts to the Montgomery College Foundation from individuals, corporations, grantor agencies, and philanthropic organizations. The primary goal of this position is to achieve gifts and pledges toward an annual goal of $1-2M. The work of this position involves planning, developing, and performing essential duties relating to administrative or technical programs to ensure the achievement of philanthropic goals to benefit the College and Foundation. The incumbent will supervise/manage the major gift fundraisers in achieving fundraising goals.
Contacts are with internal and external constituents for the purpose of building a support base for networking, referrals, and cultivating donors. The employee in this job class makes fundraising presentations to increase awareness of the College and to solicit major gifts.
This position will be opened until filled with review of applications to begin October 8, 2020.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the vice president, serves as a leading major gift fundraiser for the College and Foundation supporting philanthropic goals that align with and meet organizational objectives.
- Develops and implements an effective fundraising strategy in coordination with the vice president.
- Supervises and provides fundraising guidance and expertise to professional staff.
- Provides key leadership in the areas of corporate fundraising and planned giving.
- Develops marketing and communication tools to foster advance fundraising efforts.
- Researches, identifies, and compiles information on individuals, corporations, and foundations that may provide financial support to the College.
- Networks with the business and social community.
- Analyzes data gathered from donors and the College to pair needs with potential financial resources.
- Ensures adherence to all College and Foundation policies and procedures, and legal and IRS regulations regarding proposals, agreements, gifts, transfer of property, and non-cash donations.
- Manages a portfolio of 50-80 prospective and current donors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in field related to business administration, marketing, communications, or non-profit management, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience providing understanding of the field and the ability to perform the duties of the job.
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising, developing relationships.
- Experience forging partnerships with companies and foundations to cultivate and steward corporate and foundation donors.
- Three years of experience supervising or managing professional staff
- Effective skill in planning and strategizing a major gift fundraising campaign.
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
Additional requirement: In order to be considered for this position a resume and cover letter must be attached to the application. The cover letter should address the qualifications and desired attributes listed above. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Five years of experience working for/with one or more non-profit organizations, higher education is preferred.
Salary Range: $89,856-$123,552. Initial salary placement is based on candidate experience and internal equity, new hires are typically placed between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range.
- Click Here to apply online
- Opened until filled with review of applications starting immediately.
- Resume and a cover letter addressing the qualifications and desired attributes are required. Incomplete applications will not be considered
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
- Participation in a retirement plan
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Closing DateOpen Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Rockville