Assist in the observation of visitors within the Nerman Museum of
Contemporary Art to ensure protection of the collection of art.
Successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the
Registrar. Maintains order in assigned areas by addressing
inappropriate behavior in a confident, calm, and friendly manner.
May be required to operate electronic lighting system. May be
required to open and close gallery entrance doors. Provides
information and directs visitors to galleries, restrooms,
information desks and other points of interest.
- Must possess a High School diploma or equivalent. Some
post-secondary education or equivalent preferred.
- Must be conscientious, organized and methodical in performing
- Must possess a patient demeanor while able to stand and remain
alert for extended periods of time.
- Must maintain a neat and clean appearance.
- Must be physically able to respond quickly to visitor
- Must have excellent customer service, written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must have had customer service experience and enjoys serving
- Must have a solid job history; excellent attendance and
- Ideal candidates will have prior museum guard and/or customer
service experience, a desire to be part of a team during exciting
exhibitions and programs.
- Current students majoring in studio art, art history, or art
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary
of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here .
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of
the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating
professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in
constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position
will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual
hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment
tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the
applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those
selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees
obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged
to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any
qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex,
race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic
information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation,
or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable
accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office
of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email .
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA,
EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.