South University, the right direction for a brighter future.
Tuition Assistant Program
Long/Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off
12 Paid Holidays
* includes domestic partner coveragePOSITION SUMMARY: This position encompasses general life cycle management of administrative computing technology; this management includes, but is not limited to, researching new technology, securing quotes and appropriately assisting in procurement processes, tracking and accountability of equipment, general support and maintenance of equipment, and adhering to specific guidelines for decommissioning and disposal of Desktop Services managed Technology.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
- Responsible for providing day to day equipment management and support as well as provide astute and professional end user support.
- Adhere to and execute documented Desktop policies, processes and procedures.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems and document work in the ticketing system.
- Install and perform moderate to complex repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Prepare equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Assist with the training of users regarding the proper use of hardware or software.
- Support remote users including remote desktop management tools and implementation.
- Provide tactical and strategic input on desktop related projects.
- Occasional travel between regional locations will be required.
Other duties as
- An Associate's or Bachelor's degree or technical institutes degree/certificate in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technology field required.
- Experience with emphasis in desktop operations and design preferred.
- Understanding of advanced desktop infrastructure, commonly used concepts, practices and procedures preferred.
- Customer service orientation and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Products, current Windows and Apple operating systems as well as prevalent mobile device operating systems preferred
- Knowledge of endpoint and security management systems (Altiris, SEP) preferred
- Experience with desktop imaging and configuration of PC and Apple computers preferred
- Experience supporting printers and scanners.
- Familiarity with IP phone and Video Conferencing technology (Avaya, Siemens, Polycom).
- Strong organization, prioritization, self-motivation, and problem resolution skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
South University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Other details Required Education Associate Degree
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in University of Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in University of Richmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in University of Richmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in University of Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in University of Richmond