Full Time Instructor - EMS/ Paramedic
VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested.
Requisition Number 2020044F Position Title Full Time Instructor - EMS/ Paramedic Salary Range per faculty salary schedule DBM Rating n/a Job Type Full Time Job Category Faculty Anticipated Start Date 06/01/2020 Campus Bryan, RELLIS Application Deadline Extended Open Deadline FLSA Status Exempt Security Sensitive? Yes Work Hours M-F; days & evenings; Occasional Evenings & Weekends for Special Events;
To provide laboratory and didactic instruction according to accreditation and established programmatic standards and work in harmony with stakeholders to ensure compliance
1. Utilization of established syllabi in the course(s)—consisting of, but not limited to, ECA, EMT, Advance EMT, Paramedic, EMS -Instructor, and Continuing Education offerings.
2. Maintains EMS lab equipment inventory and requests needed supplies from the EMS Program Director in a timely manner.
3. Ensures the availability or required training equipment and materials for each lab.
4. Coordinates Lab instructor scheduling.
5. Coordinates Lab curriculum with the EMS Program Director and EMS faculty.
6. Serves as lead instructor in the lab and coordinates activities of secondary lab instructors.
7. Works with other EMS faculty to determine new EMS lab equipment needs.
8. Preparation of lab outlines and notes based on course objectives and topical outlines in advance and provides copies of the same to Coordinator.
9. Planning and implementation of National and State Skills Testing for all levels of students
10. Promotion of high standards of excellence in assigned courses.
11. Demonstration of positive morale and team spirit. This will include support of the college and program missions, philosophies, and goals to students and community.
12. Participation in curriculum development, review, and revision.
13. Presentations of course content in classroom and laboratory settings.
14. Participates in EMS department curriculum development and updates.
15. Documentation according to college and program policy.
16. Making recommendations for equipment, materials, and supplies.
17. Keeping informed and evaluating major trends in the specific areas of instruction methodology and technology.
18. Coordination of guest lecturers as necessary
19. Coordinates lecture curriculum with the EMS Program Director and EMS faculty.
20. Promotion of high standards of excellence in assigned courses.
21. Participation in program and college faculty meetings and activities.
22. Maintenance of professional competence through practice, continuing education, and professional activities.
23. Attending all Blinn College EMS Program scheduled activities
24. Participate in student club activities as needed
25. Performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Three (3) years non-teaching experience as an EMS provider
2. Current Paramedic Texas Department of State Health Services Certification/License and/or NREMT Paramedic certification
3. An associates degree in EMS and/or Bachelor’s Degree in related field
2. Ability to communicate effectively using written, oral, and electronic methods
Preferred Experience and Training
1. 5 or more years teaching experience in a postsecondary institution
2. Familiarity with editing, creating, and teaching with Learning Management Systems (i.e. D2L, Blackboard, etc.)
Must have the ability to communicate
verbally via telephone and radio equipment; ability to lift, carry and balance up to 125 pounds (250
pounds with assistance); ability to interpret written, oral and diagnostic form instructions; ability to use
good judgment and remain calm in high-stress situations.
Required Degree, License or Certifications
1. Texas Licensed EMT -P and/ or NREMT Paramedic Certification
2. Associate Degree – Emergency Medical Services or Bachelor’s degree in related field
3. Certified EMS Instructor; or eligible within 60 days of hire
4. Current certifications in CPR, ACLS, & PALS
Special Notes To Applicants Credentials
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL -X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
Quick Link http://employment.blinn.edu/postings/8880 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the U.S.?
- * * Do you meet ALL of the following requirements? 1. Three (3)
years non-teaching experience as an EMS provider 2. Texas Licensed
EMT-P 3. Associate Degree - Emergency Medical Services or
Bachelor's degree in a related field 4. Certified EMS Instructor;
or eligible within 60 days of hire 5. Current certifications in
CPR, ACLS, & PALS
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you meet ALL of the following requirements? 1. Three (3)
years non-teaching experience as a paramedic 2. Texas Licensed
EMT-P 3. Associate Degree - Emergency Medical Services 4. Certified
EMS Instructor; or eligible within 60 days of hire 5. Currency in
BLS, ACLS, & PALS
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in a related field?
- * Please describe your teaching experience in each of the
following modalities: Face-to-Face, Web Enhanced, Blended/Hybrid,
Online, Flipped Classroom, and Accelerated.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Discuss the teaching experience you have, particularly
community college experience, that would prepare you for this
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Advertisement (specify in next question below)
- Blinn employment site
- Word of Mouth
- Internet Site (specify in next question below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Other (specify in next question below)
- * If in the previous question you selected 'Advertisement',
'Internet Site', or 'Other', please specify how you heard about
this employment opportunity.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a veteran? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD214
in the optional documents.
- * Are you an orphan of a veteran who was killed while on active
duty? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you a veteran’s surviving spouse who has not remarried?
If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you claiming Veteran's employment preference? (See
website for definition:
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Other Transcripts 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Other Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Other Transcripts 3
- Teaching Philosophy
- DD214 (required for Veteran's or Veteran's preference)
- DD1300 (required for orphan's or surviving spouse)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Brenham