Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is now hiring an Assistant Registrar for the Daytona Beach campus. Under the guidance of the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar manages the daily operations of Records Specialists. This position is a supervisory position which requires an in-depth knowledge of all duties associated with Records Specialists responsibilities. The Assistant Registrar assists with the hiring and training of new employees and seeks ways to improve excellent customer service to students and colleagues campus wide. This position analyzes current business processes in the assigned functional area, recommends improvements and supports new initiatives and software implementation. This position serves as primary point of contact for their assigned area of responsibility, responds promptly to staff, faculty and student inquiries, and recommends ways to improve processing and streamline business processes for the Records Specialists team.
In accordance with University policies and procedures, and accreditation agencies rules and regulations, the supervisor performs and oversees a variety of academic support activities on Daytona Beach campus in the Office of the Registrar. This position utilizes the current student information system to process forms, transcripts and enrollment verification requests, and ensures accuracy of student academic records. This position audits work completed by Records Specialists and ERNIE Central and maintains business process manuals for the position and area of responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in education, counseling, organizational
management, communication, or related field.
- Associate’s degree and two years of supervisory experience in a higher education environment can be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience, to include 1 year of supervisory experience or 2 years of working with increasing levels of responsibility in a higher education environment.
- Experience with student interaction; ability to troubleshoot student issues.
- Initiative and excellent organizational skills; ability to work within a team or independently; ability to organize and prioritize work to be done.
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access, Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications.
- General knowledge of accepted practices at other institutions. Detailed knowledge of ERAU academic policies, procedures, standards and curricula must be developed.
- Ability to relate to students, faculty, and staff in a helpful and professional manner.
- Possess effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability and knowledge necessary to conduct detailed analysis of academic records.
- Familiar with the basic operations of the Office of Records and Registration and best practices in the industry.
- May be required to work weekend/evening hours or during peak periods.
- Experience working with PeopleSoft SIS.
Application Deadline: October 8, 2020
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Daytona Beach