Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship Coordinator
Job Summary: The Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship (LIC) Coordinator will coordinate academic activities for the student clinical experience across Phases 1, 2, and 3 of the curriculum. In collaboration with the LIC director and individual clerkship directors, the coordinator is responsible for the administration, management and execution of all elements of the LIC. In addition, the coordinator will ensure successful implementation, maintenance, continuous improvement and evaluation of the LIC. The coordinator will exemplify the vision and values of the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine and act in accordance with its policies and procedures. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Manages operational activities for the LIC to ensure that program objectives and accreditation requirements are met.
2. Works closely with the LIC director and clinical clerkship directors to plan, operate, and evaluate student experiences in the LIC.
3. In collaboration with the LIC director, clerkship directors and the Office of Faculty Affairs, facilitates recruitment of and relationship building with prospective and active clinical preceptors.
4. Coordinates assignment, scheduling and reporting of student experiences in all phases of the LIC.
5. Prepares, distributes, and communicates LIC course schedules and materials to students and faculty.
6. Collaborates with appropriate students, faculty and administrators to monitor and track student progress.
7. Secures and coordinates instructional space for meetings and LIC events.
8. Supports the assistant dean for assessment and quality improvement in obtaining, distributing, and archiving student evaluations.
9. Works with the LIC director, clerkship directors, course directors, and other stakeholders to coordinate inter-disciplinary educational sessions (e.g. live patient case presentations, simulation, communications, etc.).
10. Serves as a resource to students in resolving scheduling and preceptor challenges.
11. Assists the LIC director in basic budget management and tracking, including faculty teaching time and miscellaneous payments (e.g. for course events, preceptor visits, etc.).
12. Attends and supports LIC course, clerkship, and team meetings.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience : • Bachelor’s degree.
• Three plus years of relevant healthcare or education experience. Preferred Education & Experience: • Medical education experience. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • None. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • None. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Skill in outstanding verbal and written communication.
• Skill in organization, attention to detail, and high reliability.
• Skill in strong analytical and troubleshooting capabilities.
• Skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
• Ability to be a self-starter with and to take appropriate initiative.
• Ability to provide authentic customer service orientation, with demonstrated ability to perform on a team, demonstrate enthusiasm and patience, and act as a role model for other SOM faculty and staff
• Ability to prioritize effectively, set goals, and meet deadlines. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment: • Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: September 24, 2020 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth