CTE Program Support Specialist
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
This position works directly with Career and technical Education (CTE) students, particularly students of color, acting as a resource liaison and providing support with the intention of ensuring students complete credential attainment. This position works collaboratively with faculty, internal departments, and external partners in researching, developing, and coordinating programming aimed at identifying and overcoming barriers to completion for CTE students, specifically, students of color.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, and analyze data related to student
barriers to credential completion. Conduct surveys, focus groups,
discussion circles, one-on-one mentoring meetings with CTE
students, particularly students of color, in order to build
relationships and help identify and overcome barriers to hinder
- Provide support to CTE students, particularly students of
color, in collaboration with their assigned academic advisor in
order to accelerate their coursework toward a
- Research and investigate CTE programs and student demographics
to identify barriers to program completion.
- Develop, recommend, and implement high impact practices for
students that reduces opportunity gaps and increases completion of
CTE students, especially for students of color.
- Develop and maintain a positive and effective relationship with
partners such as Student Affairs, the Office of Access, Equity,
& Diversity, Business and Financial Aid Services, Advising
Services, Wellness Center, Education Foundation, Research and
Planning, and the Center for Professional Development, for the
purpose of aiding students in making connections with
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct workshops and presentations
for students that focus on identifying resources that will aid in
the completion of CTE programs and break down barriers that impact
- Identify and build relationships with potential mentors,
speakers, presenters through collaboration with internal as well as
- Work collaboratively with faculty in order to create faculty
working group(s) to engage in the development of
- Understand and stay current of CTE Grant requirements and
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Hiring Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution in
Education, Counseling, or related field or equivalent combination
of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and
skills can be acquired as necessary.
- One year teaching, counseling, or programming experience with
diverse adult learners is required, preferably at the
- Ability to conduct research, form recommendations, and evaluate
- Experience with Career & Technical Education (CTE) programs
and/or students preferred.
- Computer competence including Microsoft office suite
- Ability to develop and design new programs and activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills required. Ability to professionally manage confidential and sensitive information.
Work is performed in a general office environment and is sedentary in nature. Little or no exposure to adverse working conditions.
HOURS: Monday - Friday - Hours Vary
Administrative supervision received from the Associate Vice President of Workforce Education / Dean of Business and Career Technologies.
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Career Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines