Assistant Director for Undergraduate Recruitment
University Code 10321 University Title Manager 1, Academic Affairs University Job Family Academic & Faculty Affairs ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Assistant Director for Undergraduate Recruitment Position Number FA1630 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Office of Admissions Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success is seeking an Assistant Director of Undergraduate Recruitment. Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Recruitment, this position is responsible for leading a team of Admissions Counselors to drive the development and implementation of effective recruitment strategies to recruit undergraduate students to Virginia Commonwealth University.
• Managing marketing and recruitment plans and activities utilizing multimedia strategies, direct mail, currently enrolled students, faculty and alumni, and other methods and media to attract new students, both freshmen and transfer students.
• Supervises a team of 6 full-time admissions counselors, ensuring that university and office policies and procedures are followed.
• Ensures that staff have access to appropriate recruitment and admissions training and professional development opportunities, keeping in mind resource limitations.
• Assists with the coordination and implementation of special marketing/public relations events and recruitment strategies aimed at new students such as, but not limited to, Primeros Pasos, Scholarship Luncheon and the Open House Programs.
• Reviews and evaluates undergraduate applicant credentials to determine their admissibility to the university.
• Trains staff to and enters admission decisions and applicant data into the computer system. Reviews and updates student data in Banner.
• Manages special application review processes for professional schools such as Business and Engineering.
• Ensures that lines of communication remain open between departments and timely review of applicant information.
• Assists with the application review process in order to ensure that admissions decisions are made in a timely manner and to help form each year’s incoming class based on university goals.
• Assists with the analysis of recruitment data and program evaluations to attract and enroll a diverse freshman student body and to enhance the visibility of VCU, both in Virginia and out-of-state markets.
• Conducts research to determine, create and implement effective freshman student recruitment strategies.
• Organizes and directs multimedia recruitment strategies including chat sessions and call campaigns as well as creates admissions reports as needed.
• Travels for the university to special events and to selected activities to actively recruit new students from both in-state and out-of-state. Travel includes attending university-sponsored receptions, high school visits, panelist programs, and other events, representing the university to a variety of constituencies.
• Makes detailed travel arrangements which includes accurately calculating financial needs to anticipated expenses, and arranging for hotel and transportation accommodations. Accountable for all expenses incurred during travel for the university.
• Counsels applicants, prospective students and parents concerning admissions requirements, procedures and programs offered by the university and conducts group information sessions.
• Maintains first-class public relations, is cooperative, and provides quality customer service in person, via electronic media and over the telephone to all university constituencies.
• Responsible for overseeing the coordination of special programs and projects, including, but not limited to, Advanced Scholars, Visiting Students, and Student Athletes.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience in a higher education setting.
• Valid driver’s license and current car insurance.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and public relations skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and balance a variety of tasks.
• Ability to use office automation, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet software.
• Ability to provide clear direction and establish efficient priorities.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree.
• Experience in college-level recruitment and/or admissions.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience with Student Information Systems including Banner and Slate.
• Experience in planning and organizing events.
• Experience in planning travel for business purposes.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range up to $51,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Mon - Fri, 8-4:30p Job Open Date 09/09/2020 Posting will close on or before 09/30/2020 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100452 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have at least five years of experience in a higher
- * Do you have supervisory experience?
- * Do you have experience in College-level recruitment and/or
- * Do you have experience planning and organizing events?
- * Do you have experience with Student Information Systems
including Banner and Slate?
- * Do you have the ability to use word processing, presentation,
and spreadsheet software?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and current car
- * This position will require that you work during some of VCU's
Winter Break. Will you be able to meet this requirement?
- * Do you have experience analyzing data and making data driven
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond