LMS Transition Coordinator
Job Code/Title 81982 - H - IT Systems Analyst 2 Position Number HU1113 Working Title LMS Transition Coordinator Department Academic Technologies Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $35 per hour Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week Up to 29 Normal work days Monday - Friday Normal work hours varies Job Category Information Technology Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
VCU is seeking someone to provide support for the University’s pending Learning Management System transition from Blackboard to Canvas. Complete user support initiatives with advisement from support team leads. Assist or lead faculty workshops and provide individual faculty consultations related to the LMS transition. Create and maintain user support documentation accessible by the VCU Community in a variety of systems (Web Content Management System, Blogs, Wikis, etc.). Work with the Learning Systems team to resolve issues with centrally supported tools that integrate with the LMS .
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and related technologies, used in an academic environment.
- Experience leading or assisting with academic workshops and effectively planning and delivering training to a diverse group of learners.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate effectively in written procedures and development of user guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience with leading initiatives to enhance user support for online teaching and learning.
- Experience with promotional planning and communication for new features/tools, workshops, or events.
- Working knowledge of software programs such as MS Office and Google applications, email and web browsers.
- Ability to maintain collaborative relationships with other departments and key personnel, as well as with peers in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work assignments independently and flexibly.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU
- Working knowledge of providing service or support in an academic environment.
- Experience using Blackboard and/or Canvas Learning Management Systems in a production environment.
- Demonstrated experience with providing end-user support, training and documentation for a major system upgrade or replacement.
- Ability to interact with academic professionals, assess needs, and collaborate with teammates and leaders to recommend solutions.
- Strong critical thinking skills that apply to the analysis of procedures and development of optimal solutions.
Job Open Date 09/24/2020 Remove from posting on or before 09/30/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/100809 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Distance Education Programs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond