Assistant Director, Office of Admissions
Posting Number NC00125P Quick Link for Position http://jobs.uafs.edu/postings/1618 Working Title Assistant Director, Office of Admissions Position Number 20-21-0006 Department Admissions About the University
For more than 6,000 students each semester, the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith offers a dynamic and diverse learning community with a student-centered approach focused on the success of the individual. Small class sizes combine with innovative, hands-on learning and research experiences alongside expert faculty to ensure students receive a future-focused education at the most affordable tuition rate in the state. The university has undergone significant changes since its founding in 1928 and now offers 51 bachelor’s and associate degrees, two master’s degrees, and 36 certificate programs, all aimed at preparing students for success in the global workforce. UAFS is one of 21 academic institutions and affiliates governed by the University of Arkansas System.
The second-largest city in the state, Fort Smith is located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border in the heart of the Arkansas River Valley. Established in 1817 as a frontier military post, Fort Smith is now a vibrant and growing city featuring a variety of cultural activities and entertainment options, including a thriving downtown arts and entertainment district. Outdoors enthusiasts will appreciate the Natural State’s plentiful trails, mountains, forests, parks, and waterways, both within city limits and throughout the surrounding area. The city is also within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Memphis.
The UAFS campus is comprised of 77 buildings and facilities located on 170 beautifully manicured acres and crowned with the Donald W. Reynolds Campus Plaza, Tower, and Campus Green. Students who choose to live on campus may do so in one of two residence hall complexes, complete with a full-service dining center, or the on-campus apartment complex for married students and upperclassmen. Campus involvement is encouraged by participation in more than 100 registered student organizations, which includes academic societies, a dynamic Greek life system, intramural sports, and cultural/special interest groups. The UAFS Lions compete in NCAA Division II Lonestar Conference in men’s baseball, women’s volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, golf, cross country, and tennis.
About the College / Department Position Summary
Serving as a leader within the Admissions Department the incumbent will promote professional representation of the university in all tasks and roles. Will be responsible for the management of the Admissions customer relationship manager ( CRM ) system (Slate). Along with the Director of Admissions will manage a multi-channel communication plan for prospective students from the initial point of inquiry through enrollment. Will coordinate production of Admissions and relevant perspective student materials including HTML emails, print pieces, web content, and social media strategies. Will oversee admissions events planning and implementing and will chair the Enrollment Yield Committee. Will collaborate with the Transfer Admissions Officer and provide oversight of the development and implementation of transfer recruiting initiatives. The position reports to the Director of Admissions.
Summary of Job Duties
• Serve as a lead Slate administrator, including management of application updates and cycles and all communication plans.
• Manage a multi-channel communication plan for prospective students from the initial point of inquiry through enrollment.
• Coordinate with other campus offices and academic leaders to create recruitment and yield communications.
• Coordinate with other offices through onboarding of Slate as needed.
• Assist in the development, planning and logistics of on and off campus events. Work with other faculty and staff to organize and coordinate events effectively.
• Assist with importing of all suspects/prospects data into Slate.
• Assist with uploading test scores and data.
• Will serve as a student advocate to help ensure student success to promote enrollment and retention.
• Will work as a team player in the Admissions Office assisting in all recruitment special events, tours, new student orientations, and student walk-in traffic.
• Will be a member of the university marketing and communication council.
• Coordination of and participation in a variety of recruitment initiatives including: planning events; attending college fairs; and participating in high school and community college visits
• Will develop and maintain excellent relationships with high school counselors and administrators; prospective students and their families; and the University community at-large.
• Will cross-train within all programs of Enrollment Management and trained to the academic programs of the University to provide accurate information to prospective students.
• Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and by providing leadership to subordinates. Requires consistent on-time attendance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or a related field.
• Three to five years’ of professional, full-time experience in admissions, enrollment management, marketing, or related experience.
• At least one year of experience in higher education.
• Other job related education and/or experience may be substituted for part of experience requirements.
Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
License(s)/Certifications Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree.
• Slate, Banner or other related CRM experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position:
• Strong administrative and management skills.
• Ability to work in a technological environment demonstrating proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets,
• Knowledge of CRM systems, ideally Slate and Banner is preferred but not required.
• Problem solving – Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, and to gather and analyze information skillfully.
• Interpersonal skills – Ability to maintain confidential information with absolute discretion in all matters. Ability to remain open to other ideas and try new things.
• Communication Skills – Ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; professional group presentation skills; read and interpret written information. Ability to edit work for accuracy and thoroughness, and to monitor own work to ensure quality. Requires STRONG attention to detail.
• Planning/Organizing – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and develop realistic action plans.
• Adaptability – Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Dependability – Ability to arrive at work on time consistently; follow instructions; respond to management direction; and solicit feedback to improve performance.
Special Job Dimensions
Work performed primarily in an office setting. Travel and extended hours required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly exhibits digital dexterity when entering data into computer. Required abilities include walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods. Visual demands include close, relatively detailed vision when focusing on a computer screen. Employee regularly talks and hears. Employee occasionally lifts items up to 50 pounds. The office is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday.
The office is open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday. Travel and extended hours required.
Salary $40,000 - $45,000, Salary commensurate with education and experience Benefits
Competitive benefits package.
Background Check / Pre-Employment Screening
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non- discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Does this position require a background check? Criminal Background Check, Financial History Background Check, and Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) Check
Open Date 09/24/2020 Close Date 10/25/2020 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Anticipated start date 12/14/2020 EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas – Fort Smith is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, dedicated to attracting and supporting diverse student, faculty, and staff populations. The University welcomes applications without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
UA Fort Smith provides equal employment, admission, and educational opportunities without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or gender identify. The University abides by all applicable employment laws.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, the University is committed to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees with regard to recruitment, hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, training, fringe benefits and all other aspects of employment.
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts
- Additional Document
- Proof of Veteran Status
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you understand that failure to complete the Employment
History section of the application will result in automatic
- * Did you complete the Employment History section of the
- * Do you understand that failure to upload your unofficial
transcript(s) may result in an incomplete application packet?
- * Did you upload your unofficial transcript(s)?
- * Have you ever been fired or asked to resign from a job?
- If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How did you learn of this employment opportunity?
(Open Ended Question)
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Smith