ASDOH - Dental Assistant, Chairside (ACC)
A.T. Still University's Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ATSU-ASDOH) is seeking applications for a full-time chairside Dental Assistant to work at the Mesa Advanced Care Clinic. The dental assistant will assist residents and faculty in four-handed dentistry for general restorative procedures as well as specialty areas including: Oral Surgery, Removable/Fixed Prosthodontics, endodontic and TMJ procedures. Knowledge and ability to enforce all OSHA/HIPAA rules and regulations is required.
- To be the main support in clinic to assigned resident while adapting to schedule changes on the clinic floor.
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized working environment.
- Self-starter, taking blood pressure measurements, documenting in Axium software.
- Periodontal charting.
- Ability to help keep patients comfortable during treatment in a compassionate manner.
- Verification that consent forms and treatment plans are signed by the patient prior to treatment.
- Teamwork and professionalism are a large part of this role.
- Scanning and making copies of patient documents.
- Stocking, maintenance of dental units, communication of any equipment that needs maintenance.
- Attendance of meetings off-site.
- Cleaning of the dental lab and helping organize endodontic supplies .
- Other duties as assigned.
- RHS certification.
- CPR certification.
- OSHA knowledge.
- Knowledge of instrument sterilization process.