HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT II
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT II
Posting Number: SRGV4665
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Brownsville, Texas
Department: Human Resources and Talent Development
Scope of Job:
To provide skills and knowledge for the performance of responsible specialized duties in the administration of Human Resources functions. Responsible for assisting in the administration of various functions involving application and interpretation of complex rules, regulations, procedures, and policies.
Description of Duties:
• Provides administrative support services within assigned area of Human Resources such as recruitment, benefits, training, salary administration and employee records, and/or general assistance.
• Coordinates the maintenance, recording, preparation and reporting of employee data.
• Performs reviews and verification in support of personnel and payroll actions and ensures compliance with established procedures.
• May specialize in the area of salary administration, which includes evaluating and processing a variety of payroll documents, changes, terminations and reports.
• Collects employee information for reports and statistical research.
• Applies knowledge and understanding of HR concepts, practices, and procedures to investigate, document, and resolve unique payroll and human resource problems and issues.
• Anticipates and identifies potential human resource and/or payroll problems to minimize the financial and operational impact.
• Communicates and informs departments upon personnel policies and/or changes.
• May prepare training materials and conduct training on Human Resource functions and processes.
• May be assigned to special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Technical or Associate’s degree
• Two (2) years of relevant work experience in an office setting, including in a human resources function, or
• Work experience in an office setting/ human resources function with an Associates degree or 60 college credit hours.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment; some evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Accuracy in all phases of work is required. Tact, diplomacy and judgment required in dealing with others. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/24/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25848