Director, Facilities Management
Director, Facilities Management & Operations -closing date is on November 19, 2020
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 2000001X
Under the general supervision of an assigned administrator, responsible for all aspects of facilities and operations including planning, maintenance, operations, grounds, facilities renovation, capital improvement projects, transportation, environmental, safety, and energy management and conservation.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives limited direction from an executive administrator.
Incumbents supervise assigned staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide leadership to the facilities and operations department to plan, implement, maintain, and operate an overall physical facility and campus environment that is safe and conducive to the teaching and learning functions of the District.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational policies within the organization.
- Oversee the facilities leadership team responsible for managing the staff, facilities, and resources to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and District's policies and procedures.
- Provide professional leadership including effective deployment of the staff, effective forecasting, planning and feasibility analysis, project management scheduling, budget development and control, inventory control, analytical and accountability analysis.
- Communicate on an ongoing basis with division and department heads on matters pertaining to maintenance and operations.
- Direct and oversee contractors and consultants such as architects, engineers, program and construction managers, project inspectors, testing laboratories
- Coordinate with the appropriate state and local agencies pertaining to design, construction, permitting and other facility matters.
- Ensure proper maintenance of approved and as-built plans of the campus pertaining to buildings, roadways, pathways, parking lots, and utilities, including electrical, gas, water, telephones, and service lines.
- Develop and monitor ongoing Preventative and Deferred Maintenance programs for all major mechanical and electrical systems of the college as well as for grounds, the swimming pool, buildings, and other areas as required.
- Oversee development, for all documents required by the Chancellor's Office and used by the College for planning including but not limited to the Five-Year Construction Plan, Five-Year Deferred Maintenance Plan, Initial and Final Project Proposals, Funding Submittals pertaining to facility projects and maintenance, and other required documents. Represent the College on all matters pertaining to College Facilities and Maintenance.
- Provide oversight regarding issues related to space inventory, capacity ratios, facility modifications, and future construction.
- Oversee and provide input in the development of the district's Facilities Master Plan.
- Oversee ongoing facility audits concentrating on energy management, environmental safety, quality control of departmental work, and material and supply inventories. Assure compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to construction and facilities.
- Oversee all facilities projects from design through construction, including project development, design, project approval, construction, and project closeout. Collaborates with Purchasing and Contract Services during the bidding and contract award process.
- Develop all Board of Trustee agenda items pertaining to facilities management.
- Work closely with the Facilities Planning and Environmental Compliance Manager in matters pertaining to hazardous material management including the development of appropriate training programs.
- Perform other related assignments as assigned.
- Employ appropriate, efficient and cost-effective procedures pertaining to a large physical plant.
- Professionally manage a major department of the College in an effective and
- Provide effective leadership to the managers and staff in the maintenance and operations department through effective communication.
- Oversee renovation, construction and capital projects.
- Implement general directions and board policies.
- Apply the provisions of the employee relations contract.
- Account for the work performed, as well as the work outstanding.
- Communicate both orally and in writing in an effective and articulate manner.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Support the District in achieving its mission, vision, and strategic goals as appropriate in carrying out the duties of this position.
- Focus on student success, service excellence, and willingness to assist colleagues as needed.
- Principles of staff and management operations applicable to a major college department including supervision, administrative systems development, employee relations and performance monitoring.
- Maintenance, operations and repair of electrical/mechanical systems and equipment.
- Preventative maintenance, deferred maintenance, and energy management and conservation.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn computers and computer applications that support management systems and student services functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or higher in Plant Engineering, Facilities Management, Engineering, Architecture or a related field.
Four (4) years of related responsible experience with at least two (2) years of management or supervisory experience; an engineering/architectural background is desirable.
A valid Class "C" California Driver's License
- Indoor and outdoor work environment
- Driving a vehicle to conduct work and to inspect and review college facilities, maintenance and operations
- Emergency call-out
- Walking to conduct inspections
- Bending at waist
- Working around machinery, moving vehicles or construction sites
Range: Management Salary Schedule
Range 6 Additional Information
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 110,028
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 131,379
- External Closing Date: Nov 20, 2020
- External Opening Date: Sep 24, 2020
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.