About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a private, baccalaureate institution that offers professionally focused master's, bachelor's and associate's degree programs and professional certificates on campus, online and abroad. Champlain College was named the #1 "Most Innovative School" in the North in U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2016 ranking and holds steady at #14 in the overall list of "Best Regional Colleges in the North." It was listed in Princeton Review's 2015 editions of "The Best 376 Colleges" and "353 Green Colleges." Champlain is a national leader in educating students to become skilled practitioners, effective professionals and global citizens.
The College is located in picturesque Burlington, Vermont, which is consistently ranked as one of the country's most livable small cities. Burlington was recently ranked #1 by A&E Television on a list of the 10 cities that "have it all." Burlington was also ranked as one of "10 Best Cities for the Next Decade" according to Kiplinger's Personal Finance.
We encourage interested candidates to peruse our www.champlain.edu/peoplecenter website for more information about our work and cultural environment. Champlain College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition benefits, generous retirement contributions and a professional working environment.
The Accessibility Coordinator reports directly to the Associate Director of Accessibility. This role works to ensure that eligible students receive appropriate accommodations and supportive services in compliance with federal regulations.
- Assists the Associate Director in communication tasks, such as sending out emails to students and professors, providing accommodations in courses, sending out welcome emails to new students, and welcome back letters to prior students.
- Helps the Associate Director to monitor and manage the office email address: Accessibility@champlain.edu and email@example.com.
- Schedules and manages testing rooms for students using testing accommodations.
- Answer phone and questions around the accommodation process for students and supporters.
- Updates office information on promotional materials, guidebook, etc.
- Send reminder emails regarding housing accommodation documentation updates.
- Complete data entry for existing students and their existing accommodations.
- Assist with Accessibility audits.
- Create accessible versions of printed material when necessary.
- Submits and processes invoices and orders supplies.
- Manages a portion of student cases under the guidance of the Associate Director.
- Conducts documentation review for new students.
- Present ideas regarding reasonable accommodations to the Associate Director.
- Creates letters based on templates and agreed-upon accommodations.
- Sends accommodation letters to students, faculty, and necessary parties.
- Responds to questions from students and faculty about accommodations and directs concerns, complaints, or disagreements to the Associate Director.
- Responds to new student requests.
- Meets with students and supporters to discuss possible accommodations (ex. Admitted Students Days, Orientation, and ad hoc requests).
- Facilitates educational training to faculty, staff, and/or students, as directed by the Associate Director.
- Experience working with diverse populations including individuals with disabilities.
- Written, verbal, and electronic communication skills able to express complex information with sensitivity to issues of diversity.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIVd -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
For more information and to apply, please go to https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=125214
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: