Food Service Supervisor
Food Service Supervisor
Job ID: 220706
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Supervise food service team to operate Dining Services with highest level of care, food quality and service. Wait on customers, take orders, deliver, and/or service food, as well as perform cashier duties, stocking and receiving, and operation and cleaning of dish-washing machine.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Supervise daily functions of facility
- Offer guidance and leadership to Eagle Dining team members in deliverance of quality food and customer service to ensure consistent satisfaction in overall dining experience
- Assist in managing inventory, ordering equipment and food supplies as needed
- Assist with payroll and hiring, as well as work scheduling and staff training
- Answer incoming calls to dining location
- Monitor dining location dining room for cleanliness
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One (1) or more years of related work experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Demonstrate ability to work with limited supervision
- Proficient with computers and computer applications, including Microsoft Office, Google, e-mail
- Knowledge of use of food service equipment
- Understanding of portion control
- Know and understand right temperatures of hot and cold foods and temperatures for coolers and freezer
- Keen knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Knowledge of methods and practices of food preparation, service, and equipment
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written); organizational (including problem solving and detail orientation); and human relations skills
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service centered work ethic
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
Apply Before Date
October 06, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Required to work in and outdoors in sometimes uncomfortable weather conditions
- Work in industrial food service setting
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Workweek may extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Occasionally required to work holidays and during special events
- Required to stand for long periods at times and monitor employee workstations throughout shift
2320801 - Armstrong-Starbucks
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=220706&PostingSeq=1