Electrical Engineering, Open Rank
Tenure Track Position, Open Rank, Electrical Engineering,
Webb School of Engineering, High Point University
The newly formed Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at High Point University welcomed its first freshman class in fall 2019. We seek a creative, dynamic individual to play a critical role in the development of innovative, active learning classes and laboratories, and to contribute to ABET accreditation for the Electrical Engineering program. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated promise of excellence in teaching, a record of scholarly achievement, an entrepreneurial spirit and an interest in working with highly motivated undergraduate students. While it is anticipated that this position will be filled at the Assistant Professor level, highly qualified applicants will be considered for higher ranks. Rank will be commensurate with experience. The success of our undergraduate students is our primary focus.
Founded in 1924, HPU is a 94-year-old liberal arts institution located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. At High Point University, every student receives an extraordinary education in an inspiring environment with caring people. “America’s Best Colleges” 2019 Edition, published in the S. News & World Report, ranks HPU #1 among all regional colleges in the South (the seventh consecutive year at #1). It also ranks HPU for the fourth consecutive year as the #1 Most Innovative Regional College in the South for innovative improvements in terms of curriculum, faculty, students, campus life, technology or facilities.
All applicants must submit a single attachment with the following sections:
- A letter of interest addressing the required qualifications and responsibilities
- A current CV
- A statement of teaching philosophy
- A statement of research interests
- Unofficial transcripts of graduate and undergraduate education
- Names and contact information for three professional recommendations
Any questions related to this position should be sent to Dr. Claire L. McCullough, Founding Chair of Electrical and Computer Engineering, email@example.com.
Review of applications will begin November1 and will continue until the position is filled. Start date for the position is August 2021. High Point University is an Equal Opportunity employer, and is committed to diversity in hiring. Applicants who don’t meet the qualifications or are not legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship will not be considered. Choose to be Extraordinary!
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point
- Engineering Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in High Point